#22 * Athena X Morrigan

Requested by Gangsterdog07

------------------------------

Athena x Morrigan

"Something about overlooking a battlefield is so thrilling don't you think?" Morrigan asked.

Athena couldn't stop her smile as her girlfriend next to her took in the air in an overly dramatic way.

"I can't say you're wrong, but seeing it end at your hand is even more thrilling." The wisdom goddess smirked.

She moved on of the figurenes on the map in front of her forward. At the same time a squadron of men moved towards the enemy, trying to capture victory.

"I have no doubt you'll have your thrill in a few days." Morrigan said, moving to look over Athena's shoulder at the map she was commanding.

It almost seemed like a game the way she moved the pieces. Like it was a version of risk, but with actual lives tied to it.

"Days? Darling, you underestimate my power. Make that hours please." The goddess of strategic warfare said, her smirk never wavering.

"No way. Not even you could win this in hours." The Irish goddess stated, kissing her girlfriend's neck.

The gesture made a shiver go down Athena's spine. For a moment all her focus left her mind. All she could feel was Morrigan's soft lips in her neck, even if they were no longer physically there.

Then she pushed the thought of the gesture from her mind and refocused her attention on the map in front of her.

"Darling, please. I'm working." She stated, just for the record.

The grin in her words made them lose all their power. But the words weren't meant to hold power or to be a warning. It was merely a charade.

"As am I. Do you hear me complaining?" The war goddess said in a faked defensive thone.

"I'm not distracting you am I." Athena asked.

"Indeed. Do you hear me complaining about the lack of distracting you're doing?"

"Ah so that is why you want this to take days? So that it can mask how busy I am with you?"

"Smart girl. Lucky for you that's how I like my girls." Morrigan smirked.

"Your girls?" The daughter of Zeus asked.

She emphasised the word 'girls' and the jealously in her voice on purpose.

"Jealous love?" The Irish war goddess smirked.

"Jealous?! A Greek deity? Never." Athena chuckled.

Morrighan joined in on the laughter. She and Athena had been together long enough for her to expience a couple of Hera's jealousy fits. Let's say it usually ended with death.

Then Athena's laughter stopped abruptly. Immediatly Morrigan missed the warm sound filling her ears.

"What's wrong?" She asked, seeing her girlfriend glare at the map.

"It can't have happened. The chance was one to a million. I calculated it. I couln't have been wrong." The wisdom goddess muttered.

"I hate to break it to you my love, but one to a million still means there is a chance." Morrigan stated.

"Yes but-"

"But nothing. War is war, you take every chance you get. You know that, because you would've taken that chance too if granted the choice." The war goddess reasoned.

Athena twisted her girlfriend's words in her mind and disected their meaning. Would she have taken the one to a million chance if granted the choice? She tried to place herself in the enemy commander's shoes.

He must really be out of options if he goes for a one in a million chance. The result is so much death. Surrender would've been his way out of that. For him and his troops.

"No I wouldn't have." The wisdom goddess stated.

"I would never willingly send my troops into a frontal attack of multiple artillery units."

At the movement of another figurine loud canon blasts drummed in Morrigans ears. They drummed not only in her ears, but in her chest as well. Almost like a second heartbeat.

She let go of her girlfriend and moved beside her again. She narrowed her eyes and peered into the distance. She saw a couple of men running in their direction, until a merciless projectile from the canons exploded right in front of their feet, leaving nothing but a crater.

Even the Irish war goddess had to swallow for a second. How could her girlfriend be this cruel? Did she not feel any remorse whatsoever?

"You can't convince me this does not weigh on your soul." Morrigan said, barely above a whisper, looking horrified.

"I gave them a way out. Multiple. If they'd rather die than they've made their choice." Athena countered.

The wisdom goddes had steeled her face, ridding it of any emotion, but her voice was shake and scared. The Irish goddess let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding. Thank heavens her girlfriend acually had feelings.

Then something occured to Morrigan. Something that horrified her even more than what she had just witnessed. Athena without the strain of emotion would be capable of litterly anything. And she prayed she never had to see it.

------------------------------

Dear Gangsterdog07

Thank you so much for your wonderful request! It's nice to write a short for you again! I enjoyed looking a bit deeper into Morrigan. I actually quite like what she represents! I had a lot of fun bringing these two together, although I had in no way anticipated for it to become a bit dark. None the less I hope you enjoyed. If you have any other ideas you know where to find me!

- Athena