#12 * Athena X Thalia Grace

Suggested by Food_Dragon08

Side note: This short is based entirely on Percy Jackson and the Olympians, so if you're not familiar this one might be a bit harder to understand.

------------------------------

Athena x Thalia Grace

Even though she was sitting near a fire, Thalia was feeling cold. Around her little specks of white snow fell to the ground and added to the white tapestry on the ground. She shivered, but she refused to go back into the tent she stormed out of.

Couldn't Artemis understand? Most of the time they were close and the goddess did everything in her power to make it that much easier for them. But now, she seemed to forget that huntresses, even if immortal, can still die if they get slayed in battle.

She couldn't simply ask them to barge into enemy territory and take them out without any casualties. They weren't gods! Sometimes the goddess of the hunt seemed to forget that.

Thalia muttered something at the fire. She was so welled up in her own anger, that she didn't notice someone standing behind her until they put their hands on her shoulders. She jumped up, but the hands forced her back down.

"No need to get up for me darling. Stay as you are." A voice said.

Thalia would recognize that voice everywhere. It was calm and serene, yet commanding and stern. Much like the person it belonged to.

When the huntress looked up at the person behind her she was met with fierce grey eyes. A golden glint, almost like a ripple in the water, went over the eyes.

"Thanks for the warning Athena." Thalia muttered.

"Calling me by my name? Auwch-" Athena quircked a brow and kissed the top of the demigod's head.

"-What did I do to you?"

The wisdom goddess moved and sat down next to Thalia on the log. The huntress sighed.

"You nothing. Your sister on the other hand." She grumbled, pointing at the tent behind her.

Athena didn't say anything, but her eyes asked a silent question. 'What did she do now?'

"She expects me and the girls to barge into enemy territory and just take care of it. What she seems to forget is that we can die!" Thalia shouted the last sentence.

She hoped Artemis heard her. Maybe then she'll listen.

"Or she has faith in your skill." Athena reasoned.

"Don't give me that. I know we're good, but no one is that good."

"Have you tried looking at it from a different perspective? Tried looking for another strategy." The wisdom goddess continued.

"Yes, but I'm not you. I can't see any other way than the ones Artemis is laying out for us. Which results in multiple deaths. I don't want to lose any more of my sisters then k have to." Thalia countered.

"Understandable, but dear, I'm here now. I might as well take a look at the plans no?" Athena said, a small smrik lacing her lips.

That's what Thalia loved about Athena. She didn't ask questions like 'who's the enemy'. She just accepted the info Thalia gave her and worked with what she had.

Athena was about to get up to take a look at the plans when Thalia stopped her.

"Could you like.. Maybe take a look at it.. Later?" The demigod asked.

"Later? I mean sure, but what would you have me do in the mean time?" The goddess asked, a little confused.

"Maybe, I don't know just thinking here, keeping your girlfriend company at the fire?" Thalia smirked.

A smile appeared on the wisdom goddess' face when she understood what Thalia meant.

"No objections there." She responded and sat back down next to Thalia.

Athena put a protective arm around the huntress' shoulder, so the latter could lean into the embrace. She felt Thalia shiver in her arms.

"How long have you been sitting outside in the cold?" Athena asked.

Before Thalia could even answer the goddess moved and let go of her. The demigod watched as the goddess took Aegis off of her own shoulders and draped it around her.

Immediately a warm, fuzzy feeling filled the demigod. You know, the kind you get when sitting at the stove in your grandparents house. Thalia also felt protected. Not just because Athena sat next to her, also because of the impenetrable cape that was fitted around her like a blanket.

"No fair. My Aegis can only turn into a shield." Thalia playfully mocked.

"Poor baby, guess you'll have to borrow mine more often then." Athena responded, kissing her cheek.

"No objections." The demigod grinned, using her girlfriend's earlier response.

------------------------------

Dear Food_Dragon08

Interesting ship for sure. I love the suggestion and I had fun thinking about the dynamic between these two. Thank you so much for stopping by and giving me a drop of inspiration! Let me know if there's any more you can think of. Until then, enjoy!

- Athena