27: Movie Theatre

The next day, half of the grade had a hangover from last night's party. Of course, I refrained from drinking any alcoholic beverages. Lily didn't either–we all knew how that would end. However hungover my peers were, what they saw next seemed to grasp their attention.

Lily and I walked out of school after the final bell rang. We passed Antonio and his group of bandits hovering near the front doors. With a cigarette in hand, Antonio lazily leaned against the wall and spoke to his friends. He oozed of nonchalance, yet each of the guys practically held their breaths to cling onto the words that their leader emitted. I couldn't blame them. His towering height and charming demeanor simply demanded attention.

As if he could sense my gaze, Antonio's eyes flickered over to me in the parking lot. I could see his eyes gloss over as he lost his train of thought. He mumbled an excuse to his insubordinate friends and then handed his cigarette to Benny, before jogging in my direction.

"Hey."

Lily paused and turned around.

"Hi, Antonio," she replied.

I glanced behind him to look at his group of friends. Excluding Benny, there were three others, each looking more smug than the last. The only one who appeared rather dismayed was Ethan.

The suggestive looks on their faces caused me to roll my eyes. I could only imagine the indecent thoughts running through their heads. Turning back to face Antonio, I cocked my head to the side.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Ouch. What happened to hello? How are you?" He dramatically clutched his heart.

I shared a look with Lily before turning around and walking again.

"Wait, Flower," he caught up to me before dramatically lowering his voice. "You heading over to the spot?"

"That's the plan," I nodded, recalling yesterday's agreement. "I figured we'd go there separately."

As if he didn't hear me, he latched onto my wrist and began to lead me through the parking lot. Lily, who had been standing to the side and giving us our privacy, had a wide grin on her face. Before I could open my mouth and holler out an explanation to her, she waved me off.

"Call me tonight!" That was code for girl, you better fill me in the second you get home.

We waved at each other. Meanwhile, I wrenched my arm out of Antonio's grasp and began to eye his eager figure with suspicion.

"Where are you taking me?"

The answer to my question came pretty quickly. We came to an abrupt stop in front of his motorcycle. I gave him a look, which of course, he ignored. Rather, he placed on the helmet for me before getting on the motorcycle.

"Hop on."

I weighed the pros and cons, and he sighed at the worried look on my face.

"Stop thinking," he gently insisted.

"Fine." I bit my lip before climbing behind him.

I snaked my arms around his abdomen, feeling his muscles contract before relaxing at my touch.

The motorcycle engine roared to life, and all eyes were on us as he drove out of the parking lot. Most were in pure shock. Just briefly, I caught a glimpse of the envious looks on Beth and Kimmy as they stood with their other minions.

I found myself laughing.

Antonio raised his voice over the wind. "Why are you laughing?"

"No reason," I innocently replied. As he turned onto the main road, I couldn't help but ask, "how come you decided to drive me to the spot? We easily could've gone separately."