Rings

"THE SUN IS FINALLY OUT!" Sapnap had grabbed Karl's hand and pulled him out to the balcony. Through gaps in the dissipating clouds, rays of sun were hitting their faces.

Dream and George were still on the couch. The younger boy took his head off George's lap and craned his neck to look outside. Sure enough, after the few days of rain, it was beginning to clear up.

Karl stepped back inside, "Should we do something?" The four had spent the day lazing around, mostly just enjoying each other's company and savoring the limited time that Karl had with them.

"We were thinking about streaming but I would hate to waste the day inside." Dream thought for a moment, "Sap what do you think?" He called to the direction of the balcony.

"We could go into the city?" He suggested with a shrug as he stepped back through the doorway.

"Wait yeah, I've never been to an American city!" George eased Dream's head back down onto his lap. He brushed his hand through wavy blonde hair.

Sapnap and Karl headed off to their room, chatting excitedly about the trip.

George turned his attention back to Dream. "Are you okay today? You seem kinda down." He looked down at the boy inquisitively.

Dream seemed to think for a moment, as if he was carefully deciding his words, "Yeah." He paused as a wave of confusion washed over his features, "I'm actually weirdly great." Confusion quickly turned into happiness.

George smiled at his words.

"I love being like this, y'know, with you." His smile grew impossibly wider.

George leaned down and kissed his nose. "I love it too."

"You love what?" Dream grinned wickedly.

"I love..." George let his voice trail off, a smile matching Dream's on his lips. "You?" His sentence ended in a question. He let out a breath.

Dream bolted upright, "WHAT?"

"Never mind." An embarrassed blush tinted George's cheeks. He was always bad with emotions and expressing his feelings. It wasn't that he didn't love Dream, he just felt awkward saying those types of things out loud.

His whole experience in Florida had been kind of awkward for him. New emotions and feelings and conversations about them. It wasn't bad, just new.

Dream recognized the comfortableness and dropped the conversation, cautious not to push him further. The younger boy only set his head back down on George's lap and wrapped his arms around his waist.

"You're such an idiot."

Shortly after the moment, Karl and Sap returned from the hall. Karl wore black ripped jeans and a patterned T-shirt. Sapnap was dressed in jeans and a Wilbur merch hoodie.

"Let's go!" Sap's shout filled the room. George knew he noticed Dream quickly remove himself from the brunette's waist and sit up, but Sap was gracious enough not to say anything.

Before long the boys were in Dream's car, heading towards the center of the city. Dream was driving, as usual, George sat in the passenger seat, and Sap and Karl were in the back.

The two in the back were constantly making each other laugh, while Karl flipped through songs that played through the car's speakers. George sat quietly, thinking about the day's events, and admiring the sights through the window.

The suburban view soon turned into tall buildings and interesting shops, with tons of masked people commuting to and fro.

Dream pulled into a parking garage and the group got out of the car and started down the flights of stairs, out onto the street, putting on masks as they did so.

Behind them, Karl and Sapnap were laughing and talking about what to do during the adventure. It was as if they never stopped being happy when they were together. George looked back and sent a mischievous grin at Sap, who glared at him before turning back to Karl.

George fixed his gaze back up at Dream, whose eyes were flicking between the motions of the city. The brunette let his hand brush up against Dream's as they walked.

"Where do you want to go Georgie?" Dream asked, changing his glance to look down at him.

"You know this place better than I do." George shrugged.

"We could go to where all the shops are?" Dream suggested excitedly.
George just giggled and followed the younger boy who had sped up and was excitedly pulling George's hand.

----

Karl and Sap had split off on a Sapnap suggested adventure, while George and Dream were walking through small shops in the center of town.

"George c'mere." The boys were in a little store that had a bunch of crystals and jewelry and stuff. George put down the rock he was looking at and went over to Dream.

He looked at what the blonde was focused on; two silver band rings with small engraved designs centered around a crystal on each of them. One of them had a green gem and the other had a blue one.

George looked up at Dream. Hair was falling in front of his face as he stared down at the rings in admiration.

"Pog." The brunette smiled. The rings were perfect for the two of the, and George liked the idea of matching.

"C'mon." He led George up to the counter with the rings in hand and pulled out his credit card.

"Dream." George warned, feeling bad that he was getting him an unprovoked gift.

Dream just looked at him with what George could only assume was a goofy smile on his face, although he wasn't certain because of the mask.

After they left the store, Dream pulled George's hand once again and led him to a grassy part of the town center. There were flower gardens and trees, with a large fountain in the center. Groups of people flocked to take pictures, or hang out with friends. Dream headed to a shady part of the park where benches lined the paths. George followed close behind him.

"Dream what are you doing?" George laughed.

He reached into his pocket where he had placed the rings minutes before. "I love you George."

"You better not be asking me to marry you." George joked, pulling his mask down, as they were alone.

"No, but I am asking you something." Dream had a somewhat serious look on his face; Serious but happy.

"Go on." George breathed.

He put the blue ring on his own pointer finger and slipped the green one on George's, keeping his hand in his. He hesitated, as if what he was about to say was difficult. "I want to," his voice trailed off. "Be with you, for a long time, George."

George inhaled sharply as a goofy smile spread across his face, "Dream,"

The blonde cut him off, "I'm serious George. I want to tell people, other than Drista. I wanna tell Sap and Karl and fucking... TommyInnit." He laughed and shook his head at his own rambling, "I want you to be my boyfriend Georgie." Dream looked anywhere but his eyes.

George stayed quiet.

A/N: LOL imagine not knowing what happens next.

Word count: 1168