Bedhead

The silence was unbearable. Sure there were people all around them having conversations, and the usual city garble, but in George's head, there was nothing but quiet.

He couldn't tell if the feeling in his chest was happiness or fear.

Dream was looking at him intently, his smile fading with every second that George couldn't come up with the right words to say.

"I-" He stopped short. "Of course, stupid." He finally breathed. It was quiet, but there. He knew Dream had heard him based on the smile that was now on his face and the arms that wrapped around his body.

Dream let out a small giggle and pulled George closer to his body, lifting him off the ground slightly.

"So when's the wedding?" A voice that George soon recognized as Karl's made him jump out of Dream's arms.

"What?" The fear came back to his chest. Karl and Sap were walking over from the direction of the fountain. They had seen.

"This is GREAT!" Sap's voice rang out through the park.

"Where did you come from?" Dream sounded just as fearful as George.

"Over there." Sap said matter-of-factly. He pointed to a bench near the fountain, a few hundred feet away.

"And what did you see?" Dream's voice faded out slightly.

"DreamNotFound confirmed?" Karl butted in.

"I mean yeah I guess." Dream laughed, earning an elbow to the ribs from George, who was still dumbfounded that they found out this way.

----

On the way back to the car, Karl and Sap never failed to take every opportunity to make dnf jokes.

The teasing only let up when Karl made a proposal, "Dream can I drive?"

"No." George answered for him. Dream just giggled and tossed Karl the keys.

On the way back, Dream and George were in the back and Sap sat up front with Karl driving.

The car careened down the suburban roads, barreling back towards Dream and Sap's house.

"Karl you're such a reckless driver." George said, resting his head on Dream's shoulder. He clung onto Dream's waist with every fast turn Karl took.

"Driver? I barely know her!" Karl said with a giggle, as he blew through another stop sign. Sap was aimlessly scrolling through playlists with his phone attached to the aux cord, occasionally letting out an excited laugh with every time the car sped up.

By the time they reached the house, George felt physically and emotionally exhausted. He was happier than he had been in a while but so, so tired. He did however, want to stay up to spend more time with Dream.

The four were sprawled out on the couch within minutes of going through the door. Karl had turned on some cartoons on the TV, which the others had grown to like over the passed few days.

George was practically dozing off with his head on Dream's shoulder.

"You can go to the room if you want Georgie." Dream's voice half-whispered in his ear.

George just nodded his head slightly and slowly stood up, detaching himself from Dream's side.

The hall was dark and his eyes were only half open. He stumbled on the hardwood floor, his socks slipping on the smooth surface. Somehow he made it into Dream's room and collapsed within the vanilla infused sheets.

----

George woke up to a dark room and the sounds of Dream sleeping next to him. He was the most comfortable he had ever been sleeping at Dream's. Blankets curled around his legs and tangled up at Dream's body. A warm early morning air drifted through the room, and the curtains were closed, making the room dark.

George glanced down at the sleeping boy and gasped. He wore a 404 merch hoodie and boxers, leaving his legs exposed down to his socks. Fuck. The sight was breathtaking. George pried his eyes off Dream and reached around for his phone.

He never checked the time when he went to sleep the previous night, but it must've been early because when his phone screen lit up, white numbers told him that it was 6:37 in the morning.

He groaned and set his phone down, rolling over to cuddle up with Dream. He slowly traced his fingers down Dream's leg up to his hip in an attempt to fall back asleep. He rested his head on Dream's chest, listening to the steady theme of his breathing rising and falling. His breaths slowly became irregular, and his arm tightened around George's back.

"George?" His raspy voice said in a half whisper. He took his arms off of George and moved them up to rub his eyes.

"Dream." George had given up on going back to sleep, as the butterflies in his stomach were wide awake at the sound of Dream's voice.

"Why are you awake?" He said, his giggle almost turning into a wheeze.

"Dream I went to bed at like 8 last night."

He wheezed this time, slowly sitting up as he did so. George could tell he was still half asleep.

The two sat in a comfortable silence, just watching as the room grew lighter with the rising sun. Dream leaned his head on Georges shoulder. George knew that the younger boy was still sleepy, but George was wide awake. He gave Dream a quick side hug and quickly stood up, itching to find something to do.

The kitchen was just as silent as the rest of the house. George couldn't even hear Sapnap's loud snores that would usually carry through the walls. Through the window he could see that the neighborhood was covered in a layer of mist, making everything look like hazy.

He slid open the door to the porch, cautiously stepping out into the cool morning air.

Although he wasn't a morning person in the slightest, George liked the idea of waking up in Florida. In England he dreaded the rainy weather, and stupid storms.

From Dream and Sap's house it was one of those movie views. A see-the-whole-city-from-one-place type view. Although this time, the fog hid some of the details.

The cold began to nip at his sensitive skin and he decided to go back inside. As soon as he shut the door behind him, he was met with a tired Dream towering above his head.

"Now that we're dating, am I allowed to tell you when you have bedhead?" George giggled and stood on his tiptoes to fix Dream's hair, running his hands through the blonde locks.

Dream just stood there and glared at him, slipping a kiss on his nose.

A/N: GUYSS! Sorry for the cliffhanger last chapter lol. But if you've done any art, digital or not, for this book plz message it to me!! I want to do an art chapter at the end of the book w credit and stuff. I've already seen a few drawings that are literally amazing so keep it up and make sure I see them! (also thanks for almost 60k reads!!)

Word count: 1093