8. "Dreams"

Dust walked around the castle, slightly bored. Nightmare forced the trio to stay inside the castle for the rest of the night. Dust the remembered the human that Nightmare wanted to not kill, which sort of surprised Dust.

Dust walked down the long hallway to his room, still bored out of his mind. Right before he got into his room he saw the door at the end of the hallway open. He hesitated, wondering if it was boss.

Instead, it was the human. Dust ducked behind his door, watching Y/N. Y/N seemed to be in a rush, for some unknown reason. It was better to stay hidden.

You were planning your form of escape. It was pretty late at night, who would have the right minds to stay up this late? Well you, cause you're the one walking around at 11:30 at night. You took a quick look around to see if anyone was watching you. You felt like two eyes were, but ignored it. Just paranoia.

You snuck down the hallway, passing all of the bedrooms. You crept as quietly and quickly as you could past them all.

As soon as you past the last room, a hand grabbed you by the shirt. You were about to let out a shriek when another hand covered your mouth.

"Shhhh..." came a voice. You quickly remember the order of each room. The first room down this hallway was Dusts'.

"Mhmmhm!" You mumbled out, trying to talk. Dust dragged you back down to, what you consider, your room. He threw you in there and stood in the doorway for a minute.

"Wonder why Boss kept you alive." He mumbled under his breath. Then without hesitation, slammed the door shut. You heard a distinct click, showing a sign that the door was locked from the outside.

You groan, you should've known better. This wasn't an ordinary house, of course someone was going to be awake. You didn't feel too tired, since you basically slept most of the day.

You got onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. This seemed to be one of your most favorite things.

Dust grumbled as he got back to his room. Why would Boss want to keep a human here? Negativity battery? Who knows. He noticed Crosses bedroom door was slightly open. He groaned silently.

"Cross where the fuck are you?" Dust half whispered down the hallway. He didn't care if he woke anyone up, he was just worried about where Cross was. Boss always gets mad if he finds someone roaming in the halls at midnight for some odd reason.

Dust, sighing again, teleported to the gaming room. He figured Cross would be here with his best bro, Epic. And he was right.

Epic and Cross were both playing Mario Cart, trying to strangle each other at the same time.

Dust coughed loudly and both of them stared at him.

"Cross you're supposed to be in bed, Boss will kill you if he knew you were up."

"He would also kill you."

Dust rolled his pinpricks, "Whatever, Epic, you need to go. Boss hates it when you're here."

Epic turns toward Cross, "Bye bruh."

"Bye dude." They both hug and then Epic teleports back to EpicTale.

"Come on slow poke." Dust teleported back to his room.

.

.

.

.

"Hello?" You call out. But nobody answered. You were having double vision, you swore you didn't fall asleep. In fact, it seemed like you were day dreaming. But more realistic.

Something shifted in the corner of your eye and you turn rapidly around.

"Who's there?!" You tried summoning something, anything, but nothing happened. You raise your fists, not really knowing what damage you could do to this being.

A figure stepped out of the shadows...a human one. You lower your fists, slightly confused.

The figure got into the light...wait light? What light? Whatever. The figure was a genderless looking child who wore a green sweater with a yellow stripe in the center.

"Hello?" You repeat. The kids face then turned into something truly horrifying. Their eyes became black and black tears ran down their cheeks. It reminded you of Killer. Their mouth grew into a long black line that stretched from cheek to cheek.

A red knife appeared in the air...which reminded you of Cross. Many more appeared, all aiming at you.

"Traitor." They said as the knives shot forward.

.

.

.

.

Your eyes shoot open, face to face with a ceiling. When did you fall asleep? You didn't know. You looked at the clock on the wall, which read 9:23 AM. You rub your face as you got up, wanting to stay in bed. Time to start another day.