17. "Explanation."

Nightmare threw the Guardian Of AUs into a cell. Said guardian was still locked firmly in those chains. Even if he did get out of them, he couldn't escape the cell. Dust had rid of every mini paintbrush Ink had on him. Y/N watched the whole thing happened in front of their eyes. Midway through putting the cursed protector in the cell, they had to drop the brush as it had become impossibly heavy to carry. Good lord, how can Ink hold this all day? And how did I?.. they wondered to themselves.

The damned artist laid there on the ground of the magic reducing cell, trying to rid himself of the chains he was bound in. He failed miserably. Nightmare and the rest of the gang started to leave the dungeons, with a rushing Y/N behind them. They wondered if they were now apart of the gang, or if they were just somehow manipulated by their false kind actions to convert to their side. But who would want to team with a demonic thing like Ink? As far as Y/N heard, Ink was a "emotionless gremlin." Errors' words, not theirs. The group got up to the top of the stairs, actually stopping to wait for Y/N. Alright, something was going on. When Y/N got to the top, Horror went and shut the entrance to the dungeon.
It took him a minute but he got it, since his hands were always shaking for no apparent reason. Y/N didn't realize they were staring until they saw Horror stare right at their forehead. Not their eyes. . .

Y/N looked back at the others, "Ok do you all hate eye contact or something? Cause the no eye contact thing is getting a bit obvious now." The others shared glances at each other. Eye contact for everyone but them, aye? What's the big idea? Have they ever seen a human or something? They just shook their head as the group turned their heads all at once back at Y/N. Now that was hella creepy.

Nightmare, of course, spoke for the whole gang, "That is none of your business. You are still our prisoner here, however you try hard to believe you are not." His tone was firm as he spoke, "It is rather silly to avoid eye contact, but trust me, it's for all of our lives sakes."
Y/N frowned, "Me? Trust you? You're the one who fucking brought me here in the first place!"

It was now Errors' turn to talk, "Y/N, we might as well tell you since you CLEARLY don't know." He looked at Nightmare but then quickly look back, not waiting for Nightmares' approval. He didn't give a fuck if Nightmare didn't want to share the info, cause if Nightmare wasn't going to, Error was, "Y/N, you have special magical abilities that nobody here, even Nightmare and I, have never seen before. You can mimic other monsters' magic just by looking into their eyes. This theory proves out to be true, since exhibit A, Killer-"
"WAIT, I'M NOT AN EXHIBIT-" Error suddenly wrapped strings around Killers' mouth.

"As I was saying, Killer was the first to experience your power. That backflip? Could of been anything a normal human can do. Cross, though however, is a whole another equation. You see, when you were with Cross, you summoned a glowing knife, am I correct?"

Y/N, still baffled by what they're hearing, just nodded their head. They do remember that.

He continued, "The knife was a exact replica of Cross' red knife that he can summon, but yours was F/C, no doubt cause your magic is different. Then the incident with Horror in the main entrance way. You summoned his bones that he himself hasn't been able to use in decades. You are obviously replicating each of our magic in some way shape or form."

"Ok, I get that, but what does that all have to do with eye contact?" Y/N was so fucking confused.

"Eye contact triggers your magic. And that's how it mimics ours." Error finished his little not so little speech. "That is literally how I started this whole fucking speech."

". . . sorry?" They shrugged, as they were oblivious to the most randomest shit.

Nightmare sighed as Error left to who knows hell where, "He told you everything, Y/N. Be glad you aren't dead yet." with a flick of his tentacle, he motioned for the remaining three to follow him. The trio followed their boss, like a shepherd with his sheep. Y/N narrowed their eyes at the groups backs as they left them there, wondering if that really what was going on. I mean, they did make eye contact with Killer and the following night dreamt about his past. So who knows what the glitch says is true or not, they'll just have to take his and Nightmares' word for it.

Ink struggled inside the magic made chains around him. They were starting to rub against his bones, which felt VERY uncomfortable. Is this how everyone he ever trapped in these felt? Whatever, no time for that. Only one thing: escape. He was wondering how the chains are still formed in here, cause last time he was in here all magic was reduced to practically nothing. Maybe they solidified into solid chains, like metal. Which is bad news. He squirmed around until he found a sharp stone in the corner of the cell. Perfect.

"Dream, I'm starting to get worried! It has been over an hour and Ink still hasn't returned with Y/N!" Swap was panicking, pacing back and forth in the living room.

Dream gave a sweet as honey smile at him, "I'm s-sure he'll be fine. He is the guardian of AUs for stars above Swap! I'm positive he'll be fine." He hoped he sounded hopeful, as his faith in Ink was draining lower and lower as the clock ticked by.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock.

Tick.

Tock. .

Tick. . .

Tock. . . .

A/N: AYO! Meet the editor Queeri!! :D

E/N: Heyo there, I'm The Confused Queer, but y'all can call me Queeri! I'll just be fixing some grammar (and maybe pronouns) here and there, maybe also leaving a lil note. Anyways, see ya later! :D