19. "Run."

Y/N strangled against Inks grasp as they reappeared back in the familiar house of Underswap.

Dream notices Ink and rushes over to both of them, "Ink! You had me worried! What happened? I see you got them, at least."

"They locked me up for a good hour," Ink responded, letting go of Y/N to take his vials. He fumbled with the caps, "Easy escape though. They didn't leave anyone to guard me or anything." Y/N immediately started to dart to the front door, trying to escape. They didn't want to be here. Why would they?

Dream took a hold of Y/N, "Woah woah! Easy! It's ok. You're safe. Did they hurt you at all?" Y/N felt calming pulses through their body suddenly, no doubt from Dream. Y/N quickly muttered that they were fine and tried to shove Dream off of them. Didn't work.

It felt like the world around Y/N was trying to overwhelm and drown them, looking around rapidly. No. Not safe. With him. C̷̛̫̫̩͑̍͌͑̓̀̓h̶͖͉̰͐ã̶̢̨̛̺͖̞̮̙̖͔̤̍̀̃̋̐̃̾r̷̤͔̥͑̿̓a̶̢̧͎̼͙͕͑̑̅̉̅ ̵̤̥̄͋͗͒͗͗̓̉̕w̸͍̞̞͉̃̔̓͛̈́̈́͠͠ḯ̶̩̰͇͇̮͔̓̍́̐͌̚l̷̢̢̳̦̖̪̃̓̔̒̐͝͠͠l̴̳̞̖͕̄͌̐̏̌̉̇̄͠ ̵̧̲̺͙͇̳̣̦̯̩̃̈̿͌f̵̙͆́̆̉̚į̶̛͕̜̼͓̲̾̿̍͝͠ň̵͕̍͗̐̄d̷̻̬̳́̌͒͗̿̂̌ ̷̝͚͖̟̼̠͆̈́̈͘͝͠t̸̮̫̞͉́̋̓͜͝h̷̡̗͉̰͖̠́͛̿̽͛̏̿̎̇é̵̛̖̑ͅṁ̶̯̝̟̯͚̎.̵̟̊͐̂̽̀̋́̒͠.

Their breathing quickened and black edged their vision and they blinked, trying to get rid of the darkness. No use. Dream and Swap were saying something, but it was all static. What...what was happening? They looked over at Ink, seeing flashes of...the true Ink. The soulless being that cares about no human or monster being. Not. A. Single. Soul.

Y/N tried shoving off Dream again and succeeded, lunging towards the door. Cold wind and snow hit their face almost immediately. A gust of their breath appeared in front of them as they started to run, the only thing they hear is their heartbeat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Snow crunched beneath your feet as you explored the tiny town covered in snow. It was quaint and had some few flaws (example, the library sign is spelled 'Librarby'). Most monsters looked at you at wonder as you passed them. All you did was a simple hand wave as you scurried along, looking for shelter. It was getting dark(?) You didn't know how that was possible, you were under a mountain. Wait, how did-

"Are you ok there lil one?" Chirped a voice. You turned your head to see a spider wearing bartender clothes looking at you. You somehow had wandered behind the giant building.

The spider leaned against the doorway, "You're practically freezing on the spot. Come in, come in." She gestured. You made your way over to her and headed in, seeing the bar.
"I'm Muffet." She introduced herself, opening the little side panel to exit from behind the bar. You thank her quietly as you made your way around and sat on one of the stools, catching your breath. Muffet was right, you were freezing. Your hands are shaking badly. And you know it's not just from the cold.

Muffet hands you a steaming cup of tea, smiling warmly. She then went to attend to the other customers. Well, that was nice of her, you thought silently as you slowly took a sip of the tea. You already almost forgot why and how you got there. Then...Ink. You hope that this is the last place he and them looked.

~~~~~'~~~~'~~~~''~~~''~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They're most likely at Muffets." commented Swap, looking out the window at the slowly being covered up tracks. Dream sighed and shook his head, making his way back to the couch.

He looked up at Ink with a slightly annoyed look on his face, "Ink, you most likely scared the hell out of them. Excuse my language. They've never seen your soulless form, but it did scare them more than i thought it would." His complaint dragged into a mumble as he thought about how Y/N reacted. They had not seem to hear Swap or Dream and just bolted out of there after looking back at Ink. It was strange. And concerning.
Monsters and humans alike have been afraid of Inks' soulless side, but none of then reacted the way Y/N did.

Ink shrugged, "Well, it was your idea to convince me to pull that shit. Not my fault."

Swap snapped his head around to look at Ink, "Not your fault?! Are you shitting me? Ink, you got caught. You got yourself into that mess. Second, how did you get caught again? By your own magic! See, all of this is your fault Ink!" He yelled. He took a deep breath and short-cutted, to his room most likely. That was confirmed when there was a loud noise from upstairs.

"That was a terrible argument. I mean, that's not even a valid point-" Ink muttered before vanishing as well. Dream groaned as he fell back and laid on the couch. This...this is the reason why he wanted to divide this trio. The arguments and negativity was all too much for Dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That bitch. That son of a fucking bitch that whore that-" Error could be audibly muttering in the corner while Nightmare held the rushed meeting.

"The bait plan didn't work. They had the idea that we were going to do that and decided to send that bastard creator instead of all of them. They're getting smarter." Nightmare growled, a tiny piece of him proud. He knows who that tiny piece was. Dawn. That good for nothing conscious.
"Our next plan of attack is every version of Underswap we can find. They have to be in one of them. That's where their base is at normally, which is stupid, but efficient. Unfortunately. Let's just pray that Y/N believes that we are the good ones, and the neon markers are the bad ones."

Everyone nodded at once, some muttering 'Understood' and 'Mhm.' Cross sighed as Nightmare ended the meeting, heading up to his room. He would just punch the dummy in there for now, no use in going all the way to the other side of the base to it.

He climbed the unique staircase that lead to the upstairs, not even paying attention to X-Chara. I mean, why would he? He's been ignoring the other for years, no point in listening now. Well, until X-Chara poked him hard in the face.

He looked at X-Chara, glaring at him, "What the hell X-Chara?!"

X-Chara groaned, "Haven't i told you to call me Charlie? X-Chara is a mouthful." They stuck their tongue out. Cross rolled his eye lights and asked him what he wanted. He sort of wanted to run into the wall to make Charlie feel the pain. He's literally only a few feet from his bedroom.

Charlies eyes flicked from annoyence to worry, "Alright look, so there's another Chara here, dunno where they are but i just...feel it." He looked around, legitimately looking scared.

"And why are you scared? You're 150% more powerful than any normal Chara. It's not like they could do anything to you if you fought hand to hand combat."

"Haha, here's the problem. Your my vessel. And you can't win against them." Cross was about to ask what they meant by that when he was slammed into the wall he was planning to run into. He let out a grunt and Charlie let out a gasp. Oh damn that hurt. Cross looked up from the ground to face a normal Chara. Nothing special about it. Just a regular one...except it got into the castle.

Cross summoned a blade and attacked the entity but it dodged quickly. Almost too quickly for a Chara. Before he knew it, he was on the ground, sword laying at the bottom of the staircase. He isn't getting that back soon. A crushing pain was felt on his back and he let out a familiar gasp of pain similar to Charlies. The pain kept going into his back, until a audible crack was heard. Cross let out his first pain scream during this very quick battle with the Chara. How?--

A tentacle suddenly appeared, grabbing the Chara. It squirmed and vanished from sight as Nightmares' tentacle clasped against nothing. Cross willed his body to move, but nothing happened. Uh oh. His spine? His spine? Oh stars no-

Nightmare picked Cross up, who let out another gasp of pain, grimacing. Charlie wasn't responding. He was knocked out. Killer and Horror appeared at the bottom of the stairs, looking up at the bloody Cross. Cross hadn't even known he was bleeding. Black consumed his vison, as well as pain.
Cross' body slumped against Nightmares' body, knocked out.

"The actual hell is going on here..."