chapter 18

a c t i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xviii.

◆◇◇

It was the 4th day of her internship, but even now, Shizumi had yet to master an Energy Bullet, or even her knife. Despite training herself to, without any use of her quirk, fight with these weapons, and even after perfecting the art of a combat knife, or adjusting her aim on the gun, channeling energy into an object was harder than she had thought.

After asking for some advice from some of her classmates, especially Ochaco, Bakugou, Kyouka, and some from Midoriya (although that ended up in a 4-hour conversation with the boy writing down everything she told him in his notebook), she was able to adjust her energy control, however, channeling it was another series of her story.

"Try to imagine as if you're the energy itself; that's how I was able to adjust my Full Cowling," she remembered Midoriya telling her on a voice call, which was pretty much a one-sided conversation of the two, but his advice had truly helped her.

While on the other hand, Bakugou had blasted "You're losing to your own quirk?!?! Fuck that! Dominate it Shizumi!" into the redhead's ear, leaving her deaf for the rest of the night, and Monoma hissing from the other side of the wall.

Todroki, well, that was something. At first, the conversation was flowing pretty well, "I don't have much control over the shape of my ice, sorry," and after that, it went to a late-night talk about things like cold soba, energy drinks, or how his visit to his mother went very well.

Ochaco had advised that "My quirk is pretty much like a reflex action, and I can't control it much, but I'll give you one piece of advice! Try to shape your energy onto the bullet, almost as if you are trying to sharpen something," It was quite helpful since she had tried to do it and almost succeeded, however, intense training awaits her.

Sighing for the forgotten time that day, Monoma clicked his tongue as the duo bent down to carry another heavyweight of boxes into the supermarket. "I can't believe Mirko jumped off to a villain and left us to carry cargo! We're U.A heroes! We can fight too!"

Shizumi could somewhat agree, silently sulking as she grabbed 4 different boxes piled up with one hand, while with another, carried another pile. Monoma was left in shock over how handy the redhead's quirk was; at this point, he was considering never making the girl angry.

"Ah, sweethearts! You can put these 10 boxes in this room!" The kind lady from the bakery called out, happy that she had someone to help her carry all those boxes.

Shizumi replied with a kind smile and nodded, while the blonde clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Just let me borrow your quirk again!" He reached his hands out to somehow touch the female's bare skin, which was barely even exposed because of her hero suit. At this point, he was thinking that the female never even got hot from all those thick clothes.

Shizumi pulled her tongue out and teased him, avoiding his useless attacks and dodging them despite the 8 boxes in her hands. Haha, nope!

Before Monoma could get annoyed for the umpteenth time that day, the duo's fun time was interrupted by a loud explosion from the building behind them, stopping them both in their tracks and facing the now burning building. No..., she began looking around for any pro-hero at the sight, only to find none.

"What are you waiting for?!" Monoma called out, already running to the building. "Forget about pro-heroes! We both are the only ones here!" Leaving with a confused Shizumi, the thought of Monoma being correct at this time was correct.

A hero's job was to protect citizens, even if it ended up being a non-licensed operation.

Dropping the boxes, she ran into the now-present crowd, stumbling, bumping across it, and ran into the building which was lit up with fire. Making sure to both breath in any carbon monoxide, she pulled up her hood and pulled down the portable glass screen for anything.