chapter 40

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xl.

◆◇◇

Second Day. The class was once again, back in the giant hall, doing their own training with their share of Ectoplasm's clones. Shizumi had advanced in her technique a little, and she was somewhat able to block a few raw bullets with her enhanced arm. She glanced at her classmates, who now had the same look under their eyes as her's: eyebags. She deadpanned at the memory of last night.

"Aizawa-sensei, our dorm is haunted!!" Mina shouted with tears in her eyes and fear written all over her face, when her homeroom teacher came by and stood outside, confused about why the lights are blinking.

"KIRISHIMA, I THINK THE UPSIDE DOWN IS REAL!!" Kaminari shouted to his friend, referencing the show had watched a few days ago.

Meanwhile, Deku was on a rampage shouting loudly and telling the villain to come out and show themselves, Todoroki had sat and was confused like a baby, and Bakugo ran up and followed the pattern of the blinking lights, repeating in his mind that he wasn't scared and that he would blast the face of the person who was doing all this.

But when he found Shizumi, he suddenly didn't feel like doing that anymore.

"YOU FUCKING IDIOT!! WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Shizumi was startled and pulled her finger away from the socket, and when she did, the lights stopped blinking.

 Shizumi sighed at the memory, sure to apologize to everyone properly after that whole fiasco, but before she could continue her training, she heard the voice she didn't know she missed hearing.

Monoma Neito.

"That's enough, Class A," Vlad King called from the doorway. "Class B is scheduled to use this training room every afternoon."

...Oh.

"Class B?" Midoriya asked.

"Man," Kaminari wailed. "What crap timing."

"Hey, did you hear?" Monoma suddenly chimed in, swishing the coat tail of his costume flippantly. "The Licensing Exam only has a fifty percent pass rate. That means your whole entire class might fail!"

Ah, he still hasn't changed... She felt herself sweatdrop at his actions, feeling Kyoka whisper something into her ear as they walked up to stand beside Midoriya and the rest. "Hey, go tell him to shut up or something. You're like, the only one he's actually fond of."

"Unfortunately, his observations are correct," Tokoyami said, Dark Shadow lifting itself from covering her bird-like friend to return to his body. "If we're taking the same exam, then we'll crush each other. That is the hand fate has dealt us."

Ah, then that means Monoma-kun won't be there at the same examination area. Bummer, I kinda wanted to team up again... 

"There are two exam days," Vlad King said. "In June, and in September; the tests are held at three different places. We don't want students from the same place fighting. We split you up. Each school has at most one class at a single location." As he darted his eyes to every student there, he met his ones with Shizumi's, and suddenly, his mouth became bitter at the memory of him getting his ass kicked by her and his blonde maniac student. He took a small step back, making half of the class tilt their heads in confusion as they followed his gaze from the redhead to him.

He's definitely scared of her. They all thought.

"The students you'll face will have quirks you don't know about, "Mr. Aizawa explained further. "Ones that are powerful. The actual content of the exam is a mystery, but you can expect that you're going to have a rough time. Try not to get hung up about that, but keep it in mind."