chapter 36

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xlii.

◆◇◇

The moment Shizumi Shimura stepped inside her home, she was tackled to the ground by her beloved caretakers, an old woman in her mid 70's and her husband, a caring family that had taken the girl in from an orphanage and raised her to their best. They weren't exactly angry at her and were rather worried, immediately scolding her for leaving them and doing such reckless actions.

After the fight with All Might was over, the group handed Katsuki over to the police and headed to their respective homes, but not before the girl hugging the ash-blonde goodbye and running away with a blush.

All Might was put into a hospital, while the group separated and returned to their respective homes. The moment she slopped down onto her bed after being forced to wash the dishes as a punishment, she was bombarded with 34 missed calls of none other than Kyouka Jiro, who had even left 67 unread messages.

She suddenly wasn't scared of villains anymore, she was scared of her beloved friend who was very, very angry.

She hesitantly changed into some home clothes and took a bath before calling her friend, finger twitching at the call button before Suga jumped on her back and forced her to press it. She began to panic, throwing the phone all around the room before the speaker came on, and what came from it was the dreadful voice of Kyouka Jiro.

"You...LITTLE...DUMBASS!"

"How could you ignore my calls you, little idiot?! I was so worried! One second you were talking to me in the bed, all happy again, and by the night, you were gone! May I know where my dear friend was gone to?!"

Both of them didn't exactly get much sleep that night.

◇◆◇

The moment All Might stepped into the small apartment of the beloved student he desperately wished to see, he was met with the kind smile of Shizumi Chikara, or rather, Shizumi Shimura, who welcomed him inside and served him some tea, along with her neatly dressed teacher who for once, wasn't in a sleeping bag, Shota Aizawa.

Her grandmother spoke, knowing well that this meeting was for U.A requesting that their beloved adopted daughter was being requested to move into the U.A dorms, with Aizawa doing the most talking, while All Might's scrawny form starting at the girl with a simple look.

"I haven't been happy with all the attacks UA has experienced lately."

Shizumi felt her breath hitch when she had said that, clutching her palm tightly. Her grandfather spoke next, "Our dear daughter has been injured too many times, and I fear that the next time she does it, she really will leave us alone."

But what confused anyone there was when the two parents looked at each other and smiled, nodding in affirmation. "...but after watching the sports festival, I've realized you've trained her well enough to handle herself."

Shizumi felt herself smile.

The glare on her adoptive mother's face disappeared, changing into one of a small smile. "It seems that even though UA's received a lot of attacks lately, you've been training your students well enough to take care of themselves during crises, right honey?" she said, turning to her husband.

Shizumi's foster father made a noise of affirmation as the redhead looked between the two of them in surprise. She saw her adoptive mother wearing a somber smile, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Shizumi has always been a girl that was never open with us," she began, closing her wrinkly eyes. "Ever since my husband and I decided to adopt her, she was always coming home in burns and bruises, we believed she was getting bullied due to her being mute."