chapter 33

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxxix.

◆◇◇

"Oi Cheeks, what the fuck just happened?" Bakugo growled out, however, when he picked up his eyes from his shadow and onto the girl's face, he saw how broken up and lost she looked. Her skin was pink in some areas, her mouth had remnants of blood on it, and her nose was also bleeding a little. "OI! WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT BITCH?! WHERE'D SHE-"

Shizumi only tightened her arms around the ash-blonde, leaving her and him to stay in place at the redhead's shocking actions. He couldn't dare to move, speak, or even breathe, not after he felt his black shirt begin to soak from tears, and the girl's body beginning to tremble from an unknown emotion he couldn't process.

Was she afraid, happy, or confused? She was all.

She was happy that Bakugo was alright and safe, she was afraid of what had just happened not long ago and now, and was confused at what Cress had told her just now. She would become a villain? She would kill her classmates? What was this bullshit? What was happening?!

Bakugo didn't even move an inch, even fidget from her actions, and only remained in place, eyes wide. Shizumi was the type of girl that had always put on a strong suit, looking brave and courageous in front of her classmates, however, this was the first time she had looked so weak, so confused, so afraid, so...so...helpless.

And it made his heart tighten. He had begun to think that this side didn't exactly suit her, however, knowing that this was the first time she had let her guard down around someone like him, showed how delicate Shiuzmi Chikara was. She wasn't someone who was unbreakable, she wasn't a diamond.

She was a delicate piece of glass; so beautiful, so delicate, so shiny, and just like a piece of glass broke in someone's hands that had dropped it, Cress had dropped her harshly onto the ground and shattered her into pieces. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know why this was happening to her, however, she was really, really glad that Bakugo was okay. That he was here, in her hands, not in the villain's hands, and hopefully, he wasn't going to leave either.

Bakugo didn't exactly hug her back in time nor comfort her, however, just knowing that he didn't push her away was enough to comfort her breakdown. She pulled away as soon as she hugged him, smiling brightly at him as she wiped her own tears by the lower palm of her hand, before getting up and lending Bakugo a hand, who remained quiet and calm from her previous actions.

He obliged, pulling himself up, "How the hell do you always end up injured dumbass? I told you to take care of yourself more dammit."

The girl let out a silent giggle, calling her racing mind full of endless questions and doubts that she needed to find the answers to, however, their reunion was short-lived when the annoying oy from 1-B was now awake.

"HAH?! HOW COULD I BE KNOCKED OUT BY THE HANDS OF-"

Bakugo knocked him out once again, ignoring Shizumi's attempts of pulling him back comically. "Shut the fuck up asshole. Go back to sleep."

"Bakugo-san!! He could've helped us!"

"No shit, I'd do anything other than being rescued by that fucker."

Before Shizumi could once again scold him for his one-sided actions that were never planned, a loud growl came from the forest, making them once again, stand on their guard and ready their stances. "The fuck was that?!" His questions were immediately answered.

There in the middle of the field was the ground plucked out, cracks beginning to spread all around the area as Shizumi hastily clutched onto Monoma's limp body, and when the dark creature came into the open, Bakugo and Shizumi's eyes widen in shock, for there in front of them- in the open mouth of the shadow beast - was their friend, Tokoyami.