chapter 11

a c t   i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xi.

◆◇◇

Shizumi let out a large gulp as she saw Ochaco being shut down by Bakugou, who was barely damaged while the brunette was already very distressed. Shizumi didn't notice the massive rubble floating above the stadium, as she was too focused on the fight.

The girl began to think of the aversions of what Bakugou would do to her if they ended up fighting, which was after she would battle with Mina, while his after Kirishima. She didn't notice herself clutching her hands so hard that they had become pink.

It wasn't long after Ochaco debarked her meteor shower technique, but even then, Bakugou had shut her down completely as the girl crumpled under her own weight. As Shizumi gripped her hands and bit her lower lip, Midoriya noticed the anxiety attack on the redhead next to him. "Shizumi-san, are you okay?" The said girl shook her head as she peered down at her hands with wide eyes.

She couldn't think of any plans for subjugating Bakugou, and it was not long that after that, Midoriya spoke up once more to encourage the girl. "I understand the reason for your nervousness. Kacchan is ruthless, and especially after you kicked him during the cavalry battle, he won't let you so off easily, but, that is if you won against Ashido-san."

The green-haired boy began ransacking through his notebook until he stopped at the page where Shizumi's hero suit was drawn. "If you want, I've come up with many strategies for your quirk, and can help you?"

Shizumi gave him a kind but sad simper as she shook her head, refusing the boy's help. She had to do this alone. She wasn't going to ask others for guidance, even if it ends up in her demise. After all, she wasn't going to go against Bakugou if he lost against Kirishima, right?

"Ah, I should go to Uraraka-san. It's my battle soon anyway. See you later, Shizumi-san." The boy bid his goodbyes, and the girl took out her two fingers and showed her a sign for goodbye as well.

◇◆◇

Soon, the battles of Todoroki vs Midoriya and Iida vs Ibara, it was now Shizumi's turn to go against Mina. As she sat in her waiting room, ignoring the fact that Bakugou could be her next opponent, and focused on a plan for overcoming Mina.

Ashido-san is good at both long-ranged and short-ranged combat, so I should make sure I make my move first. It's a hindrance that I can't heal myself, but if I get hit by her hallucinogen, It will bother my concentration towards her. So my first and foremost move should be...

"Next contestant, please proceed to the field entrance. Repeat..."

Shizumi got up from her seat and began making her way to the entrance as asked, but on her way, she noticed Iida walking beside her, back to the room. "Shizumi-san, good luck." He said as they intersected paths, and the girl simply nodded.

She soon entered the field entrance, where the sunbeams burnished vividly above her once more.

"Is something going to come out of those horns? Well? From the Hero Course, It's Ashido Mina!

Versus-

"The girl with the strength of a hundred! She aced her earlier battle with power alone! From the Hero Course, It's Shizumi Chikara!"

She glanced at the pink-haired girl in front of her, where she was warming up. Shizumi simply took some deep breaths, ignoring the frowns that pierced from behind her that particular blonde was sending.

"Don't hold back on me, Shizumi-chan!" The said girl nodded with confidence.

"START!"

Ashido wanted no time as she began skating around the field with her acid on her shoes, but oddly enough, Shizumi was in place with her eyes closed, earning a few gasps from the crowd.