chapter 37

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxxvii.

◆◇◇

"Ugh! I'm beat!"

Kirishima flopped onto one of the green lounge couches in the common area. Shizumi'd finished unpacking early, so she decided to come to check out the lounge area. However, she did try checking in on Kyouka before coming down - just to see how the unpacking was going - and as always, her room was the same as her own one back at her house. In the end, she ventured downstairs, only to find some of the other boys hanging there, too. 

"Oh, Shizumi! How's your dorm coming along?!" Kirishima asked, excited to see how his friend's room looked like.

"Just finished up on the painting and the cleaning, just need the paint to dry is all!"

"Woah, you even painted it?! How cool!" The girl sheepishly smiled, her mind wandering off to how Bakugo's room would look like. She would bet an entire dinner of her own to the fact that there was a punching bag hanging in the corner of it somewhere.

"I know we could've died," Kaminari started, leaning off the final lounge arm beside his green-haired classmate, "but it's kind of exciting to be living here."

"I agree! It feels like we're sort of family living together here!" Shizumi added, seated beside Midoriya, her hair now tied into two messy braids behind her shoulder blades. As usual, she wore a black vest with the sports uniform's pants, although, some beads of paint were present on her slightly sweaty skin, proof that indeed, she was painting the walls of her room.

Her bright yet tired smile set some of the boy's eyes into three lines, them commenting together. "Ah, it's the sun, even though it's night now."

"It's kind of soothing seeing her here," Kaminari added.

"Yeah, Shizumi-chan is a breath of fresh air here at the dorms..." The girl tilted her head cluelessly, questions marks beginning to float around her head.

"Hiya boys..." came a sultry voice from the corridor. "All done with your rooms?"

It was Mina Ashido, along with a few other girls excluding herself, walking together in a group coming out of the elevator together. "Yup, just finished up!" Kirishima answered back, not moving from his position on the couch.

"Oh hey, the girls and I have been thinking!"

"That we!"

"Let's go around and find out who has the coolest room!"

The once loud, excitable group that were the boys suddenly became as silent as a cemetery. Their faces paled considerably, and sweat dripped from them already. The playful idea of the girls didn't faze the red-haired girl one bit, but it obviously affected the boys.

Huh? Do boys have things they hide in their room?

Without waiting for further response, Mina and the girls sprinted to the elevator, with the sole intent of looking through everyone's rooms. Starting with Midoriya.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" Midoriya screamed. "PLEASE DON'T GO IN THERE. IT'S NOT FIT FOR-"

Shizumi knew he was a fanboy of All Might, but to think it was this much! Mina opened his door, opening it wide for all of them left in the hallway to gape in awe of all the All Might paraphernalia inside Midoriya's bedroom. However, it seemed more of a shrine than a bedroom, in Shizumi's mind.

Midoriya began to cry from embarrassment, leaving the fellow silent girl to pat his back in comfort, her face as equally as blank. "Shizumi-san, don't make that face!" It's okay Midoriya, it's okay...