☾ 27: Vampire Realm ☾

"Alright, I've had my fun. Close your eyes." Katherine told me.

"Why?"

"Just do it." I hesitated but then shut my eyes.

It only took a few seconds for her to reply.

"Okay, you can open them now."

I opened my eyes finding myself somewhere completely different. Somehow even the atmosphere seemed to change.

"Where are we?" I asked in wonder.

"Welcome to the vampire realm." She said lifting her hands in the air.

"Wait. How did we get here so fast and where is here exactly?"

"I'll tell you on the way." She shrugged as she began walking.

As we walked, Katherine told me we were on a planet made specifically for vampires called Kāțțēri vakaiyiṉ. It means 'vampire realm' in a very old language, one of the first languages ever spoken.

"This place doesn't seem much different from Earth," I said as I continued to take in the new place.

"What did you expect it to be like? Hell?" She laughed again. "Though I guess it isn't always as calm as it seems. The night is when the party begins." She smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"In the day we drink blood bags if needed, but at night we feed directly from humans without consequence. As much as we want as many as we want."

"What?!" I yelled.

She didn't look at all sympathetic for what she just said.

She stopped walking, turned to face me, and placed her hands on my shoulders.

"We. Are. Vampires." She stated slowly. "We have to feed, but it's not like we randomly kill people if that makes you feel better. Certain places on Earth are restricted with signs of no trespass or areas that humans would say are 'haunted'. If they choose to welcome themselves, thanks to the witches, they are teleported into a chamber here. At night they are released. So, they have it coming to them if they willingly go into the unknown. Believer or not risk is always present so they can only blame themselves." She shrugged uncaringly and continued to walk.

"Most vampires do the kind thing and let them go for others to have. The last one doesn't kill them, they just compel them to forget and let them return to earth and move on with their lives. Others do kill whether they return the body to Earth out of respect is up to them. If not they burn or bury them here." Katherine continued.

"That's... Um... So, what do you do?" I asked.

She simply smiled but said nothing. That was when another thought came to mind.

"Wait what about the people who want to age? The ones never drank blood?"

"They are in the human world living 'normal' lives."

"What about werewolves do they live here too?"

"God no! If that happened this place would be chaos! It's the sole reason we got kicked out of Earth by the witches. They have their own planet called Onāy ulakiṉil. I'm pretty sure you can guess what that means."

"Can you guys go into each other's worlds?"

"Yes but we usually choose not to. The only way to get there is past our King and the werewolf Queen as they hold the portal."

Looking around more intently is when I noticed that vampires were swooping by. It was so fast I couldn't make out any detail of them. It was just colors streaming by.