☾ 6: Temptations ☾

Okay, it's right there. I just need to attack it. Here goes nothing. I ran and jumped onto the deer but it easily kicked me off and ran away.

I sighed. It's been a few weeks. I had woken up earlier than Laine so I could sneak out for food, my meat cravings were getting way too strong.

"This is a lot harder than I thought." I sat down trying to catch my breath.

"Well, that was embarrassing."

I instantly turned around and growled at the sound of an unknown voice.

"Woah hey. Take it easy. I don't bite." A brown wolf stood before me he sounded around my age.

"I suggest you leave me alone," I warned.

We both knew I couldn't do anything to hurt him. Clearly, I had no idea how to attack.

"Or what? I saw you trying to take down that deer you don't scare me. Did you learn nothing as a pup?" He laughed.

"Honestly? No, I didn't because I was never a pup to begin with! Not that a stupid mutt like you would understand."

He snapped showing his long canines.

"I'm not a mutt! I'm a wolf! One whos a lot smarter and stronger than you. What are you doing on my hunting grounds anyway?"

"Trying to get a bite to eat genius."

"Well, you're not allowed here now run off to your pack, or are you the lone wolf type?"

"I don't have a pack so I guess the latter, but I'm not leaving so just get used to seeing me around." I turn and started walking away.

"Hey, wait!" He ran up in front of me. "You sure have some guts. A lot more than most who try sneaking onto my territory."

"Yeah well, I'm not like your kind." Completely ignoring what I said he continued to talk.

"I guess since you won't leave the least I could do is show you how to hunt properly." He stood straight as if to show off.

"Yeah... No, thanks! I think I'm fine on my own." I simply walked around him but only for him to come in front of me again.

"If you plan on eating anytime soon I suggest you take my offer."

He's annoying.

"Fine, but make it quick I need to go soon."

"Alright, follow me."

He showed me the basics, taking down a goat in the process.

"Your first mistake is taking down game larger than you by yourself. While you are larger than most given your skill level I wouldn't risk taking down anything bigger than yourself. If you expect to kill something make sure you're stronger than it."

"I-I knew that!"

"Of course you did. Take the goat. I need to go back to my pack now so good luck to you."

"I can't take this you caught it it's yours."

"Trust me I have no need for it we took down two elk earlier and are well fed."

"Oh... how big is your pack?"

"Quite large, I would be more than happy to introduce you to them."

"I should probably get going as well actually."

"Well before you go what did you mean earlier by you being different than us?" He tilted his head. It looked kinda cute in a puppy-type way.