☾ 16: Trap ☾

I needed to know more about myself before I give Laine an answer. I was almost finished with the journal so soon I will be able to talk to that old lady again. I haven't talked to Mason since then. He's probably been focused on the letter. I didn't go to school yesterday and I ditched today as well. Laine tells me she hasn't seen Mason around so I can assume he ditched as well.

The journal said that as long as I control my meat diet I should be fine around humans. That much I already knew thanks to Mason.

The necklace around my neck has apparently been helping me with the cravings which were why I was able to go a few days without feeding.

When we are hungry enough there's a chance our canines can show. Kind of like a vampire's fangs would at the smell of blood. At least that's what I related it to but unless I'm still being lied to vampires don't seem to exist. No one has mentioned them to me at least. Werewolves can also show their canines at will but I haven't figured that out yet.

One question kept haunting my mind though. If I was always a werewolf why did I just start transforming? I got further into the journal and found my answer. My parents wrote that they had the old lady, who I learned was actually a witch, put a spell on me to keep me from transforming. The lady contacted my parents a while back saying that the spell was wearing off but they didn't know when it would die completely. That's why I was held in the lab for the longest time. This alone tells me that my real parents suck for letting me be locked up for a year.

I heard a growl which scared me until I realized it was just my stomach. I haven't had raw meat in a while I guess. It's hard to keep track especially when my mind is constantly thinking of other things. At the mere thought of eating my mouth began to water.

I have never caught food for myself so this will be a pretty big day for me. I hunted down a group of deer trying to find the weakest, closest one. I crouched down and prepared myself. Once I saw an opening I ran. The deer began to run too but I caught up to it easily. One quick leap and my jaws were around its neck. I remembered watching Mason do so and within seconds it stopped moving. I listened as its heart made one final beat.

I ate until I was full and made my way back home. As I walked through the forest something caught my hind leg. I look back to see my foot caught around a rope. The more I tried to pull it loose the tighter it got.

Are you kidding me? Do I really need this right now? With a sigh, the only thing to do now was bite my way through it. If I had transformed the rope would easily rip through my skin.

I started biting down on the rope when I heard footsteps coming closer.

Shit. As they came closer all I could do was wait. Maybe if I pretended I was dead they would release me and I could run off. I was bloody due to the deer so it wouldn't be that big of a stretch. I lay on the ground and shut my eyes.

"Poor thing."

Wait that voice sounded familiar. I opened my eyes to take a peek and it was Heather.

I got up and startled her. She let out a curse and fell back. What was she doing here? Was school out already?

"I thought you were dead!" She's stated.

I sat still hoping not to scare her further.

She studied me for a moment. Her eyes were glued to my own. She then reached her hand out cautiously. I wasn't quite sure what she was doing but I touched my nose to the tips of her fingers.

She gasped and pulled away as if I had bitten her. After several minutes she seemed to compose herself.

"I can help you but don't you try anything." She said and reached over to release my foot.

I was still very confused. What just happened?

"There you go." She said stepping back.

As I stood I saw her eyes lower to my neck. I quickly ran off hoping she hadn't seen my necklace.