☾ 35: War ☾

I was sitting in bed trying to distract myself with a book. My mind kept going back to Katherine and whatever the important business was. I probably reread the same paragraph for the hundredth time when my door flung open. Speak of the devil.

"Get up! Hurry, we have to get out of here!" Katherine spoke frantically.

"Kat, what's going on?"

"I don't have time to explain right now. We have to go."

She didn't even give me time to get up. Instead, she lifted me up and ran using every ounce of her vampire speed.

I tried my best to focus on our passing surroundings. Then I realized we were headed straight for the portal.

"Wait! What about my mom? Shouldn't I tell her I'm leaving?"

"She'll be fine." She said as we sped through.

As soon as we entered the vampire world we were greeted with loud booms and I noticed Lance waiting for us. Kat placed me down and cupped my face.

"I need you to listen carefully, okay? Their army is ready to destroy you and they won't stop until you're dead. Your parents have an army of their own to help but it might not be enough. You and Lance are going to the human world he'll help protect you there just in case things here don't work out."

"What?! What about you?! You're coming too, right?!" I panicked.

"I have to fight for you." She paused as she wiped away the tears running down my cheeks. "I'll be fine but I need you to be safe first. They need me out here I'm stronger than 5 of these men combined."

"You never did tell me why you are so strong..." My voice wavered due to the overwhelming sense of worry and fear.

"Years of practice." She smiled as we shared a quick kiss. Then nodded at Lance. "Go both of you."

Before I had the chance to argue Lance had already brought us both to Earth.

I wiped the tears from my eyes as I gathered my thoughts.

"Lance, we have to go back and help!" I yelled.

There was no way I could just sit back and let everyone get themselves killed for me.

"No, we don't. I'm sorry but my job is to make sure you stay here and that you're safe. Kat can fend for herself."

"No, she can't! Did she not tell you that I literally just saved her ass?!"

"Yeah, she did."

"Well? I'm a lot stronger than I look okay? We have to go back and help! Shit if they want me they can have me as long as they don't touch her or my family!"

"You're not going anywhere." He said as he turned around. "Let's get going. I should probably fuel up on blood just in case."

Sorry, Lance but you're giving me no choice. I grabbed a nearby rock and hit him over the head.

"Ouch! What the f-!"

Oops, guess he's too durable for a rock. Thinking quickly I grabbed him and threw him into a tree causing the tree to fall. He seemed unconscious but I know it may not be for long.

Now I'm just left with the issue of getting back. I was told it was as easy as a thought. So, I shut my eyes and started to think.

Sure enough, I was back. Time either runs differently between the two worlds or things escalated very quickly.

The sky was red, and buildings were on fire and beaten down. This place no longer looked as beautiful as when I first arrived.

I needed to find Kat. She was my main concern right now.