☾ 8: Teasing ☾

I came in through the back sliding door. Laine leaves it open when I go out just enough for me to squeeze through.

It seemed like everyone was asleep luckily. I went upstairs and pawed open Laine's bedroom door as quietly as I could so I wouldn't wake her. I went to her bathroom and changed into some clothes. Then I opened the door and barely took a step out before I heard her speak.

"Where the fuck were you? I thought you were just getting a bite to eat! You were gone the whole day!" Laine was standing right in front of me.

She rarely cusses so I knew she was really pissed off.

"Shhh! Your gonna wake your mom up!" I whispered.

"I don't care!" She said and yet despite her words she whisper-yelled.

I could tell she was close to tears which made my heart sink.

"Come here." I sighed.

I went over to her bed and signaled for her to sit next to me. "I was just out in the forest okay? I know you were worried but I lost track of time. I was wi-."

"With that wolf huh?" She almost sounded as if she was jealous.

It was cute I wanted to smile in response but held back.

"Yeah. He's actually like me."

"You mean he's a werewolf?"

"Yeah, he's been helping me out a lot," I added that last part to tease her a bit and it seemed to work.

"Whatever. So what it took him all day to transform and prove to you what he was?" She refused to look at me.

Trying to hold back the jealous look on her face.

"No, he showed me his six-pack." I held in my laughter.

"What?! For what reason?!" She gave me a dead serious look and I instantly burst out laughing.

"I-I'm kidding he showed me his pack it has eight normal wolves." I managed to say while laughing.

"I hate you so much!" She punched my arm and turned away.

"Aww is someone jealous?" She ignored me.

"We also got chased down by some people wanting that cash prize if it makes you feel any better."

She turned around and pushed me down, onto the bed pinning me.

I'll admit I didn't see that coming. I suddenly felt very warm.

"Never lea-scare me... never again do you here?"

I knew what she was going to say and the thought hurt because I was going to leave her. However, I managed to laugh a bit and lighten the mood.

"Why are you laughing?" She pouted.

"Because." My laughs slowed. "No matter how strong you think you are." I got up, her hands still holding my arms, and pinned her down on the other side of the bed in a swift motion. "I'm still stronger."

"You suck." She said with a smile.

Damn, she is so cute. She wrapped an arm around my neck the other traveled to my chest.

"Your hearts racing." She teased while I blushed at the action.

"I wonder just how red your face can get." Her hand met the other around my neck as she pulled me closer our noses touching.

By now I assume my face is redder than a tomato and my heart was beating at a thousand miles an hour.

She started backing away and loosening her grip.

No. Not again. Not this time. No way is she just going to tease me like that. She needs to know how it feels.

I put my hand on her waist. My fingers barely grazed the skin above her waistline as I leaned in. Our lips were only centimeters apart.

"Now whose face is red?" I smile in victory seeing her wear a blush of her own.

As I started backing away she speaks quickly.

"Yours." She said pulling me into a long-awaited kiss.

Her lips were so soft I was in a heavenly trance. The kiss slowly started to become more passionate.

Then a thought came to my mind. This was the last day I would be with her the last time I would be able to feel her lips. As much as I didn't want it to, regret came to my mind.

Why did I let myself get attached to her? I never liked warming up to people because they would always end up leaving or betraying me. Family, friends, and now...

"What's wrong?" She questioned softly.

I realized I broke the kiss.

"Nothing." I tried not to sound upset but that didn't seem to work. "We should go to sleep."

"Oh... okay." She sounded upset.

She got under the covers as did I. I didn't want to leave her upset or thinking that I didn't care for her. So I wrapped my arm around her and kissed her cheek.

"Good night."

"Night." She replied sounding a bit happier.