☾ 34: Powerless ☾

I entered the living room and saw Laine sitting on the couch.

"Hey..." I said awkwardly.

"Hi." She seemed to be fine.

"Listen-."

"Cassy, you don't-."

"Yes, I do." I went and sat beside her. "Laine you were my first love..."

"Yes, first not last." She said as she looked me in the eyes. "So you're completely over me?"

I was a bit surprised by her question.

"I-I mean I did want to ask you out before but so much was going on. I didn't think you liked me and things became a lot more complicated when Heather began showing up more often. I just don't think life was in our favor."

"You're the one that would always run off and leave me out of everything. I tried getting closer to you." She replied.

Despite the truth behind her words, I had always assumed she just couldn't handle it. Either that or she'd end up getting hurt which was stupid for me to think about because she's a lot stronger and understanding than I gave her credit for.

"You didn't answer my question... I just want to hear you say it."

"Yes... I'm over you."

Before anything else was said I left. I didn't want to deal with the awkward atmosphere anymore and this was usually the time I met up with Katherine anyway. We agreed on secretly meeting at the same place from the night before.

-------------------------------------------------

If Kat called this fashionably late it's so beyond that point. I had no idea where she was and there were no signs of her being here either. I looked around for the hundredth time and noticed a tree shake in the distance. Me, being the curious person I was, went to go check it out. As I got closer I heard fighting. Using one of the trees to hide I looked to see who it was.

To my surprise, it was Katherine and two werewolves. It was even more surprising to me that they were beating her up pretty good. Even though she seemed extremely weak, every time the wolves were aiming to leave, she kept drawing them back in for more. I couldn't possibly understand why until the thought of them looking for me came to mind. I felt guilty knowing Kat was getting hurt for my sake.

Anger began swirling up inside me as they continued to beat her and knock her to the ground. So I did the only logical thing for me to do, I attacked. I turned into my wolf form and charged them with anger increasingly fueling my strength. They obviously didn't expect me and they actually looked scared. I growled and snarled as I ripped into their flesh. It was like a demon had taken over me. I knew I couldn't fight them both but something inside me told me otherwise. They were in bad shape as they managed to run away.

I then focused my attention on Katherine. I ran over to her glad to see she wasn't unconscious.

"What... do you think you're... doing?" She struggled to say as she tried to get up.

I just gently pushed her down with my giant paw in response. She dared to ask me that when she was about to get herself killed?

"You're going.... to get yourself... killed," she said. I just licked her face causing her to faintly laugh. "Gross." She smiled.

I nudged her hand to signal her that I could carry her back to my house.

She laughed. "In case you forgot I'm a vampire just... give me a minute it will heal."

I didn't want to give her a minute. I wanted to get her out of here. Considering those two wolves got away they will probably tell others about Kat's presence here.