☾ 33: Flower ☾

I was dreaming that I was floating on clouds. Actually... the more I thought about it the more I realized I was waking up.

I opened my eyes to see the night sky. I instantly sat up confused only to find myself in a hammock. Given how quickly I got up, I ended up falling off it. I heard laughter as I lay on the floor. Turning my head I saw Katherine laying down staring at the sky.

"Nice you see you're awake." She teased.

"What are you doing here?"

"Do you really think I'd leave you alone with Mason?"

I smiled at her joke. "So you've been stalking me this whole time?"

"Not the whole time just long enough to see your little kiss." She said plainly as if it had no effect on her but I could tell otherwise.

"Right... You know I'm actually kind of glad Laine and I kissed."

"Oh... really? Why's that?" She asked as she turned to face me.

"Because she made me realize what I wanted."

I had no idea where my confidence was coming from but I took advantage of it.

Katherine looked at me in confusion and in response, I pressed a quick kiss on her lips.

As if Katherine could read my mind she got on top of me.

"As much as I'm loving where this is going..." She smirked as she kissed me once more. "I got you something."

She sat up and pulled me along with her.

"Really?" I asked curiously.

"Why else would I ever leave you?" She winked.

"Well, aren't you romantic?" I teased.

"Hold on it gets better."

She disappeared for a moment only to come back with something behind her back.

"Close your eyes." She said.

As my eyes were closed I felt something soft land in my hands.

I opened them and saw a beautiful flower.

"Wow, it's gorgeous," I said as I stroked its soft petals.

"Right? Going back to an earlier conversation, that flower right there is what can kill you."

After hearing those words I quickly threw the flower down.

"Kat, what the f-!?"

I was interrupted by her laughter.

"Calm down." She said as she picked up the flower.

She then began twisting it around by the stem.

"It's the rarest flower ever. It's a Middlemist Red if it's turned into dust it's very harmful to vampires. Although for you not so much. To harm you this has to be turned into dust and mixed with the dust from a Jade Vine, which isn't as rare but still uncommon."

"So... that flower can't hurt me?" I asked.

"No." She smiled as she held it out to me.

Now being reassured of my safety, I gladly took it.

"Thank you," I said.

"You're welcome, it wasn't easy to find."

"You didn't have to get it though."

"I know but I wanted to. A rare and beautiful girl such as yourself deserves a flower of equal measure."

I looked away with a blush.