☾ 1: The Explosion ☾

I would have never imagined my parents becoming more evil than they already were. As if the abuse wasn't enough they decided to sell me off to some morbid scientist to be used as a lab rat. So now here I am alone... surrounded by nothing but darkness... I have no one... I never had the luxury of going to high school... Making friends... All I have is myself...

"Hey! It's time to wake up!" I groaned.

Slowly opening my eyes I saw a man yelling at me.

"Good morning to you too asshole." You spat in annoyance.

"Funny. My name is James for the hundredth time, it'd be nice if you used it. Your food is right there. Be ready I have plans for today." He smiled wickedly.

"I don't give a damn what your name is! You should be arrested! You've kept me in a cage for over a year now!" I yelled grabbing the bar handles on the door as I glared at him.

"Hey! You should be grateful! I saved you from your shitty parents, I feed you, give you fresh clothes! You're not in a cage! It's a room with plenty of space for you to walk! Hell, there's even a couch and TV! I've already said you could leave when I'm done with you! So do not bite the hand that feeds you!"

"Well, I'd rather be with my parents than here. You only feed me enough to keep me alive for your stupid project. You never even told me what it is you're trying to do and so far it doesn't seem like it's ever going to end."

"I can't tell you what I'm doing or why but it's nothing too bad. That you can trust me with... now hurry and eat." He had a brief look on his face before he walked away. It was almost as if he felt sorry for me.

"If you were really sorry you'd let me go," I muttered under my breath.

—————————————————————————

"Alright just have a seat." He said plainly.

"Yeah yeah I know. I've done this plenty of times before."

As I sat down on the test chair he came over and strapped my hands to the chair. I've contemplated escaping several times but I have no clue where this lab is let alone where I would go. All I saw from the barred windows in my room was nothing but land for miles outstretched.

He was starting to prepare a needle to inject into my arm. Nothing had ever happened to me with his experiments except for one time when I got the hiccups for over an hour.

"Are you ever going to give up?" I said through a yawn.

"You know what they say. If you fall down get right back up."

I rolled my eyes in response.

James walked over to me and as soon as he was about to put the needle in, there was a loud crash.

"What was that?" I asked.

We were the only ones ever here. I was beyond confused and honestly a little scared.

"Something probably fell over I'll be back." He said as he walked out, closing the door behind him.

"Hey, wait! Can't you let me out of this first?!" I yelled but slump back in my chair in defeat.

"Fuck!" I heard him curse and mutter something I couldn't quite hear. Soon after the building started to shake.

"What the heck is happening?! James get back in here and get me out!" I yelled again.

Smoke began coming through the crack of the door, a loud explosion following soon after.

"Hey! Get me ou..." I started but everything went black.

————————————————————————

I slowly opened my eyes taking note that I was on the floor. Looking at my hands, they were free but full of blood and glass. As I look around everything was destroyed. Bottles were broken and I was sitting on a mixture of weird-colored liquids.

I slowly got up and looked for James or anyone for that matter. As I was walking toward the door my head began to pound violently. The pain hurt so much it caused me to fall to the floor once more. I couldn't get up or reach the door knob. I had to crawl over to the exit as it was just a pushing door.

I dragged myself through all the broken glass. I did my best to avoid letting the liquids get into my wounds. Who knows what that stuff was anyway. Finally reaching the door, I started to black out again.

"Oh, come on..."