Chapter 4: Travelling for Dummies

Hunter sighed as he remembered how he came to possess the Scroll that was currently on the wall in his room. It was far from his proudest moment, as for all he knew he was robbing the dead. He realised he'd been reminiscing for a good while now, and used a ladle to fish the crocodile teeth from the boiling water, placing them on a plate to cool off.

As they cooled down, Hunter regarded the Scroll that lay open on his wall and he took it off the rack, closing it and putting it back in it's casing and resealing the cap. He wasn't going to lie to Oogway and tell him he just happened to find it somewhere. Hell, Oogway likely already knew it was him that stole the Scroll in the first place and was giving him a chance to return it. As for the Sword? He'd get that back for Oogway too, free of charge. He respected the Old Turtle and didn't want Oogway to lose what respect he had for him either. Shifu was likely tasked to pen the letter to make Hunter think he can lie his way out of it if he tries, to test his character.

Picking up the now cooled teeth, he walked over to a display case in the corner, in which were many custom made necklaces made out of the teeth and various other small bones of different types of animals he'd encountered and either killed or captured. Each necklace had a piece of paper with the name of the gang he'd taken the teeth from above it. He took out the Croc Clan necklace, which was unfinished, missing exactly three teeth from the look of it. He took out a knife and carefully scraped a hole in the teeth at the side near the top, and added the pieces to the necklace, finally completing it. He placed it back in the display case along with the other necklaces he had. One of his most prized pieces was a necklace he'd made using the talons of some avians, and in the centre of the necklace as a kind of pendant was the hollowed out skull of the snake that had led the gang. A snake leading a gang of birds had been quite amusing to Hunter upon finding out.

Now that the necklace was complete, he turned his attention to the letter. Getting out some parchment, he took a quill and dipped it in ink, writing down a simple response to Shifu and placing it in the same container the scroll he'd received had come in.

Zhu was already wishing he could go home to the Palace. He was certain this place would be a death of him soon enough. He'd made it a point to check the mail box every five minutes or so in the hope he'd find a reply and could make his way back to the Valley of Peace before he overstayed his welcome in Taidao... Which he felt he had the second he set his webbed feet in the town. It was a long journey back, but he'd make it. He hoped...

Sighing to himself, Zhu once again waddled over to the mail box. He checked inside. Just a scroll. Shutting it again, he turned away to go and sit back down before realising what he'd seen inside. He ripped open the mail box again and grabbed the letter, shutting the mail box and practically sprinting out of the town at full speed, eager to get back to the Palace with the reply in wing.

Hunter watched the delivery goose grab the letter and run for the hills like his life depended on it. He chuckled at the enthusiasm the goose showed in delivering the letter back to The Jade Palace. From what he remembered, the servants always were quite enthusiastic in going about their duties. He started packing what he would need for the journey and possibly a stay at The Jade Palace, such as the Scroll he was going to be returning to the Palace, as well as pouring all the money he currently had into a single box and putting it in his sailor bag. He also picked up a large backpack that held a tent and bedding for the journey since he assumed he'd stop at least once on the way, as well as saving money on renting a room somewhere. He also sheathed his blade and made sure said sheath was securely strapped to his back. 

It was an intricately decorated sword, one that was named Cobra's Strike, as that was the name emblazoned on the blade's handle. Hunter had had the blade for as long as he could remember... As far as he knew, he was born with it although that was very likely not the case. It was in immaculate condition and could cut through pretty much any material, metal included. He didn't know what the blade was made out of but whatever that may be, he did knew it had to be an extremely strong and versatile material to be able to do the things it did. He also felt a kind of connection with the blade, maybe some kind of tie to his life before... before he found himself here? He truthfully didn't know.

(The hilt of the sword)