Chapter 28: A New Day

A/N: Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I planned to release this earlier which is why it's been published outside the usual weekend timeframe, but I have a massive family so the holidays are very hectic. Still no word on the job, but then it is the Christmas Period, so I'm not really shocked that they're taking their time getting back to me. Anyway, enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, the Five, Hunter and Po were all set to awaken early in the morning. However, before they did so, Hunter and Tigress were, of course, still sharing his tent after Po had forgotten most of the tents for the group. Waking up early as usual, Hunter noticed he had actually turned over in the night... and had an arm around Tigress and was holding her close, or maybe she'd moved closer in the night... His heart rate suddenly became rapid and he slowly lifted his arm with the utmost care, as if lifting a diamond from the pocket of a noble... not that he'd ever done such things of course... Of course.

In response, Tigress shifted a little and ended up turning over, giving him the opportunity to move his arm back to his own side. Although he did wish he didn't have to remove it and he could pull her even closer to him... 'Best not to dwell on that, Hunter...' He thought to himself as he looked down, seeing Tigress' serene look as she slept. It actually brought a smile to his face. 'First time you've had anyone in your tent, and of course it's her. Just your bloody luck.' After a bit of relaxing and watching her sleep, he saw her beginning to stir and quickly closed his eyes, regulating his breathing so it seemed like he was sleeping...

Tigress finally woke up from her rather peaceful slumber, and at first was rather shocked to find herself next to someone... Before remembering that Hunter had rather courteously offered to share his tent with her for the night since Po had forgotten most of the tents for the Five and even himself. Seeing Hunter laying there asleep was odd to her... Seeing him in such a vulnerable position almost as well as seeing him looking somewhat peaceful for once. She found that it was actually quite nice having someone next to her, almost like an extra layer of security, and it filled something primal within her. Probably a pack mentality, safety in numbers and all that. There was something else too, a warmth inside of her, but she wasn't going to dwell on such things right now... Or ever.

After a few minutes of waking up and enjoying the sleep in, Tigress finally got up and left the tent... Or she would have normally, but today she found herself oddly reluctant to get up for once in her life... It was odd sleeping in what was actually a bed made from another animal's furs, but it actually was rather snug and comfortable. Or she told herself that was the sole reason she didn't want to get up... Again, she didn't really want to dwell on it right now.

After some contemplation, Tigress decided to wait even longer before getting up, feeling she might as well enjoy it while it lasts without the gong and Shifu there to make them wake up. She turned onto her stomach and stretched out, extending her claws and arching her back before curling up, much like she would do as a cub. Although it did somewhat make it look like Hunter was spooning with her, Tigress still found herself pressing back into his, for lack of a better word, embrace. She almost even let out a purr before realising what she was doing. Her tail was also more active than usual...

After realising she was getting slightly carried away, Tigress quickly got up and left the tent, trying to shake off the oddly warm and pleasant feeling permeating through her as she emerged into the daylight. The sun had clearly not long risen, so they'd likely get to Viper's village before lunchtime, or that was the hope anyway... Hunter emerged from the tent not long after, stretching out and twisting, cracking his bones into their proper places. "Good morning." he said to her, his voice lower than usual as he looked at her.