Chapter 8: A Different Perspective

:10 minutes earlier:

The Furious Five along with Po and Master Shifu all jumped down from the Jade Palace. Landing on the roofs of the houses situated there. For Tigress this was familiar. Back when she wanted to face Tai Lung alone, she made this same jump. When they all landed as silently as possible, they all quickly crouched down. "I have an idea. We go see my dad. Hopefully he'll know what's going on." Po suggested to everyone.

Everyone looked at each other. "Panda, I know you're worried about your father." Po flinched away at Shifu about to tell him what a horrible plan that was and why there was clearly a better solution. "But I agree with you. He's been down here for all of this, and with all the gossip happening at his Noodle Shop, he will hopefully know more than most about these bandits." Shifu said to everyone, with Po being surprised that Shifu agreed with his plan. "Everyone make your way to Mr. Ping's Noodle Shop. We'll go in separate groups. Tigress, take Mantis over the roofs. Viper, you'll go with me and Po through the backalleys. Monkey and Crane, you're better making your own way, just make sure to be in earshot of either myself or Tigress. Try and get an idea of how many we're dealing with. Don't get caught." He told everyone and they nodded and leapt off the roof to make their way to the Shop.

Shifu moved quickly through the streets, with Po knowing the best and quietest ways to get to the Noodle Shop. Viper followed both of them, every so often branching off into a hole too small for either of them, only to emerge close to them out of another hole not long after.

Meanwhile, Tigress and Mantis were leaping over the rooftops together, making sure they weren't heard or spotted as they went. They counted what they could of the bandit gang. There were quite a few of them dotted around, but it wasn't looking too unmanageable. It was just that there were so many innocents in the way... "You'd think it was Market Day..." Mantis joked aloud, and Tigress rolled her eyes in slight amusement at that.

Meanwhile, Crane was quickly flying from building to building, not lingering for too long in the air. The bandits didn't seem to congregate greatly in any one location that he could see... They were likely indoors in that case, leaving some of their men out and about, meaning there were more of them than you could see at any given time...

Monkey deftly moved over signs and under hanging plantpots, hiding in places people without his climbing skill wouldn't be able to. He noticed the shakedowns and how people were scared and worried. He wondered if they would ever trust the Jade Palace to protect them again...

Eventually, Po, Shifu and Viper all jumped to the roof of the Noodle shop from the ground. "We'll make sure the area's clear and then go in through the back." Po said to the two of them, and they nodded, trusting that Po knew this area better than they ever would. They lay down on the roof, using the triangular shape to their advantage. Looking over to the building opposite them, they saw Tigress and Mantis laying low. Tigress gave Shifu a signal that they were in position. Crane suddenly opened his eyes and winked from next to them, where he was posing as a lifelike ornament. Monkey also popped his head out from behind a clothing line he was hanging on, using the clothes in question to hide himself from the bandits. Po peered over. "Alright, looks clear-"

Shifu then grabbed him by his pants and pulled him back into position. "Wait!" he exclaimed as a Badger entered the Noodle Shop.

He wasn't happy with everyone stopping to stare at him... "What?! What're you all lookin' at?! Go back to your damn food!" Walking up the counter, they heard him slam his fist down on it aggressively below them, almost shaking the building. "You're late Ping. Again." he spoke, and Shifu felt Po bristle from beside him.

They heard Mr. Ping's startled voice. "It's... It's just too much... If I give you what you're asking for, I won't have enough to buy more ingredients! That means no more Secret Ingredient Soup!" he defended his lack of payment to the Badger that was bullying him.

Po was about to get up then. "We've gotta stop this!" he stated, but Shifu pulled him back down.

He shook his head. "No. Unless your father is in physical danger, we do nothing. We can follow this Badger back to their hideout. This could be our chance." Shifu pointed out to the Dragon Warrior, who begrudgingly agreed. He wasn't sure he liked the idea of playing with his dad's life, but he trusted the others to step in if something happened...