Chapter 19: The Long Lost Son of The Great Master Boar

Hunter remained in the Training Hall for hours after, switching between various exercises as he worked and worked until his body was about ready to cave in and give up from the punishment he was inflicting on it and himself. He used the training to focus himself, to keep his mind off of any invasive thoughts. Meditation could achieve the same effect of course, but he needed to keep in shape. Needed to keep on top of his game. Or so he told himself, when it seemed more like he was just focusing on something other than whatever he had bottled up. The only reason he wasn't in here sooner was because he counted his previous contract, the travelling and the fight with Su and her bandits as exercise. Now he needed to establish a routine, a training schedule for the week while he was here, maybe with time for one or two personal errands he wanted to see to while he was here, and of course meditation and meals.

Speaking of meals... Hunter walked over to his sailor bag that was stashed away in one of the corners and took out a ceramic container, opening it up to reveal udon noodles in a soy sauce, sake, mirin and sugar thick sauce with spring onion, cabbage, tofu, garlic and pork. "And Po says I can't cook..." he mumbled to himself as he sat down cross legged at the side of the training area, taking his chopsticks out and digging into the food he'd prepared for dinner. He wasn't an idiot, he knew how vital it was that he have at least 3 meals a day, give or take for possible time constraints. Hunter wasn't as strong as he was by living off of just tofu, ginkgo leaves or mystical energy after all. He ate plenty and exercised often.

As he sat there eating, he remembered The Croc Clan contract he'd completed the day he'd received the Scroll from Shifu. Hunter often used that jungle they tried to escape in to train in. They'd pretty much literally walked into the lair of the beast on that one and he found it rather amusing. Of course, he would have caught them no matter what but the fact he was extremely familiar with the terrain there was certainly a boon. It felt like at least a week ago that had happened, not just the other day...

"That smells rather delicious. We're not supposed to eat in here, but I won't tell anyone." Hunter had thought he heard someone come back inside, but he assumed they'd left something or otherwise were checking something out, not that they'd want to engage in conversation with him.

Noting the lack of footsteps and the sound as whoever it was approached, Hunter surmised it was... Viper? Hunter turned his head to look at her, giving a nod. "Master Viper. Shouldn't you be in the Kitchen with the others?" he asked the female serpent, cocking his brow and wondering why she had come back as he ate some more noodles.

Viper gave a shrug with her tail at that. She looked rather nervous at being here alone with him. Not that he could blame her, after he'd lost his shit that morning he assumed that it would take a while for any of the Five or Po to be comfortable talking to him alone. "I was, but then I noticed that you didn't leave with us. I thought you may not have heard Master Shifu call it a day..." she pointed out to Hunter.

He wasn't sure if he believed her or not. Viper's sweet demeanour and killer smile didn't really help in determining whether she had ulterior motives or not. "After another kiss are we?" Hunter teased her a little and she scoffed at that.

However, Hunter saw that she had a small smirk on her face. "A joke? Wow, we should mark this day on the calendar." she chuckled a little at that. "It's the same with Tigress, any time she makes a joke or cracks a smile we consider it a big deal." Viper informed the man, who wasn't sure if it was meant as a compliment or not. "I did come to check if anyone was still here, but I did want to catch up to take the time to truly apologise for what happened earlier." She spoke, tapping her tail nervous against the floor. Hunter wasn't completely surprised by this, but he wondered why she'd come back on her own. "We drew straws." Ahhh, there it is. "But that's only because none of us wanted to have to wait any longer for Po's cooking." She said to him.