Chapter 22: The Shadow of The Hunter

:Hours later:

"HAHAHAHAHA! So that's the great and legendary Furious Five!?" came a jeering and highly amused voice, the source of which seemed to be a Japanese Macaque wearing an Oni Mask. The Five and Po had, from the looks of things, been captured, bound and tied to trees, aside from Mantis who was left dangling in a cage above the others. "So, remind me, your plan was... And correct me if I'm wrong... Jump into our camp, strike a pose and demand our immediate surrender? And then just fight us if we refused? We would've thought you at least would try and trick us somehow!" the Macaque pointed out with another loud laugh. Tigress struggled against her restraints and growled at the Macaque's taunting, who chuckled at seeing her try. "Oh hohoho! This one's still got some fight in her!" he exclaimed to the others. The group was a mix of a Serow, a Giant Salamander, a Badger and a couple of Boars and some Leopard cats, who all chuckled at what the apparent leader had said.

Tigress grimaced at the intentionally taunting question about their plan. That... Was seemingly exactly the plan. They'd observed these 'strange warriors' drinking, laughing and joking around with one another, seemingly completely unprepared for the might of six Kung Fu Masters showing up and demanding their surrender... But they were. They'd had the Leopard cats as backup waiting in the nearby forest, and they'd managed to surround the Five and Po while holding their own against them, even managing to take Mantis hostage and threatening to kill him if the rest of them didn't stand down. Tigress had made a fatal and rookie mistake: Underestimating her enemy. And it had cost them the battle, and possibly their lives.

The Serow walked over to where the Five were all tied to a tree, except Po who was tied up separately since he was so... Large. "So disappointing... I really expected more from you." he shook his head, and the group all glared at him. "Such an idiotic mistake, and from such experienced warriors no less." the Serow tutted and walked away from the Five and Po. Tigress pulled at her chains, which caused them to shift, making the Serow jump a little before he just scoffed and shook his head. "Looks like the poor cub is trying to bare her claws and roar, but all she can do is meow." He raised his head to look down at Tigress in disdain.

One of the Boars walked over to them now, also to likely gloat. "Pfft, don't look so upset. Worst comes to worst, we'll make it quick." he snorted in laughter before walking over to Viper and looking her over. "My, but you are a pretty one." he spoke and leaned down as Viper turned her head in disgust.

She hissed aggressively at his touching her. "Don't touch me, you disgusting pig." Viper didn't even look at him, not giving him the satisfaction.

He didn't pay attention to her defiance whatsoever. "Such beauty... Wasted on frivolous Kung Fu." the Boar cupped her face in his trotter, forcing her to look at him. "Can we not keep this one, boss?" he pleaded with their leader.

The Macaque sighed and shook his head while rolling his eyes behind his mask. "They're not worth it, trust me. They'll just gain your trust and then slit your throat in your sleep. They're good as bait, and that's about it." he said to the Boar, who looked on in disappointment as he dropped Viper's head from his grasp, who shivered in disgust from being handled like a piece of meat.

Po scoffed at that in what seemed to be amusement. "You think Hunter will fall for this?" he asked the warriors, shaking his head at that. "It's the most obvious trap ever, and he's not stupid." Po pointed out to the group, all of whom looked unconvinced by his attempt to talk them out of their plan.

Tigress snarled at that then and glared at the leader. "You better hope he kills you, because if he doesn't, I will!" she said to the warriors, who all still didn't look at all moved by her rage.