Ch.17-Contest of Champions-

*Author's Note* Just a reminder that this story does not follow the events of any of the movies, this is a totally independent story and every event is made up, other than the usage of one scene below and the events that landed Loki to be locked up, ex: Thor 1, Avengers. Love U 3000! Please vote for more!:)

*****

-Sarah-

Our escape plans are delayed by the grandmaster ordering us to attend 'The Contest of Champions' tonight to check out his newest contender. We could not refuse him so we are planning to make our getaway after the party.

I dress up in a formal dress and heels and walk out of the bathroom. Loki's back is to me as he looks in the mirror fixing his green suit and the half yellow cape. He looks really handsome. I lean against the wall and watch him finish. I am a little puzzled as to why he is wearing yellow in his cape when his signature is green, but then I remember how he told me his mother's favorite color is yellow. That is so damn sweet. See this is what I'm talking about when I say I see a different side of him. I smile admirably at him and he finishes and turns to me.

"Are you ready darling?" Loki asks, taking in my outfit. "Might I add you look absolutely ravishing," he says, striding towards me and grabbing my waist with one hand. I wrap my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his hair, earning a smirk in return.

"Why thank you. You look quite handsome yourself." I compliment. His smirk only grows before I'm pulled into a loving kiss, him dipping me back slightly. I smile against his lips.

"Are you ready my love?" I take a deep breath, taking in one last look around our home for the past month, saying goodbye.

"Yeah... let's get out of here." I finally gather the courage to give it all up and walk away from our new lives.

When we arrive at the party the grandmaster is hosting for 'The Contest of Champions', he claims to have a new contender and has demanded our presence. No one is allowed to leave Sakaar, so any falter to attend would most likely end in our execution. Loki escorts me to our seats and grabs a couple of drinks from the server.

"Here you are my love," Loki says, handing me my drink and sitting down next to me. I give him a warm smile and a peck on the cheek.

"Thank you, darling," I say back, earning an adoring smile. I turn my attention back to the fighting arena and shift, getting more comfortable next to Loki. His right-hand rests on my thigh, sneaking his fingers just under the fabric where the dress is slit, stroking soothingly. This is very usual for him. Loki tends to institute physical connection with me regularly as a way of reassuring himself that I am still with him.

The grandmaster is projecting in the arena and begins to rev up the crowd for the fight.

"And now without further ado," the grandmaster starts, "It's main event time." "Making his first appearance," he continues to announce, "Though he looks quite promising. Got a couple of tricks up his sleeve. I'll say no more, see what you think. Ladies and gentlemen I give you..." Me and Loki both lean forward, intrigued, to see who the opponent is. "Lord of thunder..."

The crowd boos as I stare at Loki's brother Thor. Oh god, this just got complicated.

"Watch out for his fingers, they make sparks. Ok! This is it!" the grandmaster continues, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "Let's get ready to welcome this guy... Here he comes..." Green color bombs explode all around the stadium, exciting the crowd further. A large rumbling goes through the stadium as it rises. "He is a creature, what can you say about him? Well, he's unique, there's nothing like him. I feel a special connection with him." "He's undefeated! He's raining... he's defending... Ladies and gentlemen, I give you..." I feel me and Loki's anticipation grow, neither of us has gotten to see this infamous champion. "Your incredible..." the grandmaster's words are cut off by a large green creature crashing through the entrance door and yelling a war cry. Wait, that's no large green creature...that's the Hulk!

"Yes!!!" we all hear Thor scream from the arena. The crowd grows quiet.

I look over at Loki in utter shock.

"We have to get off this planet," Loki says, standing up and grabbing my hand, pulling me with him. We only make it a few steps before the grandmaster walks in, stopping us.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Where you going?" he says, ushering us back to our seats. We sit back down and I notice Loki is clearly shaken up, so I grab his hand and hold it in my lap. He looks over at me still worried but a bit calmer.

"Hey, hey!" we hear Thor yell, "We know each other! He's a friend from work!" we both ignore the grandmaster's gaze. The Hulk continues to cheer and scream with the crowd and it appears as if Thor is talking to him.

"Loki, Loki's here!" Thor yells, gesturing to us. "Can you believe it? He's, he's up there!" "Loki! Look who it is!" Thor yells to his brother. I glance over at Loki and see him staring at Hulk, terrified, zoned out. I wave my free hand in front of his face, breaking him out of his trance.

"Hello? Anybody there?" I tease. Loki forces a laugh and we turn out attention back to the fight.

Thor has just been smashed into a wall and Hulk advances at him with his ax. The second before Hulk can reach him Thor grabs the hammer in the wall next to him and smashes Hulk in the head, sending him flying into the wall. The entire crowd grows quiet, shocked.

"What?" the grandmaster questions, looking at the scene. Thor slowly walks towards Hulk as he recovers from the blow. They both reach out their hands...

A second later Hulk grabs Thor's hand smashing him against the ground again and again and throws him across the arena. Suddenly Loki jumps up from his seat.

"Yes! That's how it feels!" he cheers, pumping his fist and pointing at Thor. I look up at him amused. He glances shyly back at me and I laugh. "I'm just a huge fan of the sport." he defends, sitting back down as the fight continues.

Thor jumps ready to deliver another blow with his hammer when Hulk catches it mid-air. Everything slows and we sit forward. Hulk slowly moves the hammer away from his face and punches Thor so hard he goes flying back. Hulk isn't finished yet and jumps on top of Thor punching him repeatedly. It looks like the fight is about over.

Suddenly there is a flash of lightning as Thor delivers a painful punch, sending Hulk flying backward. Thor stands up and I see electricity surrounding his body. They both charge at full speed, meeting in the middle. A large blast of electricity emits from the two as they are both sent backward. The whole crowd begins to chant 'Thunder' over and over as their favor seems to change.

Right as Thor is about to go at Hulk again the grandmaster points a device at the arena, causing Thor to collapse to the ground due to the shock. Hulk uses this to jump unbelievably high and come down onto Thor knocking him out, or killing him, I have no idea. I look away, not wanting to see and nudge Loki. He gives me a knowing nod and we exit the party.