Satoru Gojo

3rd PERSON POV

Y/N could feel herself beginning to wake and she groaned, turning over to put her arm out over her boyfriends chest, but, he wasn't in bed. This wasn't the first time she has woken up without seeing Satoru, it's been like this for a few weeks now. He's come home late, be up before she would, and they would barely talk all day if it didn't revolve around work. And frankly, it was pissing her off.

Satoru and Y/N have been dating for a while now. Both knowing each other since high school. Of course, it was a known fact that in high school, Y/N very much disliked the man. She hated how he acted so careless and was always joking, but he found it interesting. If he wanted the cold and hard truth without sugarcoating it, he would go to her. And he admired her for her blunt honesty about everything. In his opinion, it made her better to be around.

Let it also be known that Satoru was the first to fall for Y/N. It took months and months of convincing for him to actually get her to just acknowledge his feelings for her, and they ended up going out on a coin toss. To this day, she is sure that he cheated, she just can't prove it yet.

Y/N rolls over to check her messages from her phone and wasn't surprised that she doesn't have anything from Satoru. The girl got up to shower, she was running a little behind to get to the school. At this point, Y/N thought she lived by herself and on the occasion a friend would come over really late at night.

Arriving at the school, she walked slightly fast as her heels clicked against the pavement. Nanami had given her a call in the shower and left a voicemail that they had a case together. Y/N wasn't as strong as Satoru, but she could hold her own fairly well. Another thing about her was that she didn't play when it came to work.

So ultimately Satoru was surprised when she walked passed him without glancing his way. The man thought it was odd, he simply today would be like every other day with them. But he had a sneaking suspicion that she didn't look at him because she was mad at him. He'd always looked forward to her small glances to him in the hallways, letting her face show a small genuine smile around him, making her feel like she could relax.

"Nanami, I'm sorry, I haven't been sleeping well at all these past few days" Y/N deeply apologized to the man. "It's fine. At least you take work seriously. Sometimes, I'm still surprised that you two started dating from a coin toss" Y/N smiled at the teasing comment. The pair had always had a good relationship with each other, both understanding what they had to do and overall thought in the same way.

Over the next few days, it surprised Satoru that he'd get home before Y/N. Granted, he had started coming home earlier than usual now that everything was finished with him. The first night he had come home early, he didn't really think anything of it. The man showered and changed, laying down in the bed trying to sleep. The key word here was trying. It was weird to him not to have Y/N by his side at night.

That was always another thing he had looked forward to with his girlfriend. The minute he would lay down in bed, Y/N was asleep or not, she'd always roll over and get closer to him. And he loved waiting for that moment. So he decided to wait until she got home. Satoru decided to wait on the couch, since he figured that she would eat before going to bed.

Y/N got home that night a little after 1 in the morning. Nanami and Y/N both agreed that they wouldn't take the case home with them so they could relax. She looked over at the couch to see a little drool hanging out of her boyfriends mouth. The woman was so tired that she didn't even feel like waking him up to go to sleep with her. Y/N grabbed a sticky note and wrote that she was home and gently slapped it on his forehead before going to bed.