Yuta Okkotsu

3rd Person POV

It had been a few weeks since Yuta had joined the new school, and in those few weeks he struggled to adjust to the new way of life, but he also made some friends. Except for Y/N, he couldn't figure her out. He heard from Panda that she was brought in by Gojo when he first became a teacher.

"So, she's always been that quiet?" Yuta asked, glancing over at the other first year. "From what I heard...no. I know a little about it but if you really want to know, you have to ask her. Everybody knows it's not their place to say" Panda patted him on the back, but stopped to say one more thing. "Just for the record, if you do end up getting Y/N to speak to you, it doesn't mean that you'll be friends" he said, now leaving Yuta alone in the classroom. Being left alone with his thought usually wasn't a good thing, but his mind was now currently occupied. And for some reason he wanted to get an answer as to why Y/N doesn't talk.

Luckily, his chance appeared right in front of him when Y/N walked through the door. "H-Hi I'm Yuta!" He stood in front of her with sweat rolling down his face as he just realized how awkward that was. And even Y/N gave him a weird look. "You know that, I know you know that. Just disregard that awkward greeting. It's hard to talk sometimes, you know? You're thinking in your head and then you try to say those words- but sometime the words get mixed up and it's just-" he paused, realizing he was rambling.

He looked up at her to see her looking at him with a surprised expression, probably because he talked so much about something so random. Y/N waved him off, letting him know it was ok as she took a seat on the desk. "Are you waiting for somebody? Maybe Gojo? Can I be honest for a second? I think Gojo is a little crazy- I mean he just gave me missions without any kind of training or he would exaggerate the truth! Doesn't that throw you guys off?!" Yuta exclaimed suddenly. Suddenly he covered his mouth, feeling like he kept making an idiot out of himself all within the span of 3 minutes.

But when he heard a quiet laughter, the teen raised his head once more to see Y/N attempting to cover her face as she tried to stop laughing. Yuta was going to say something until he heard the door being slammed open. "Y/N! C'mon, let's go train" Maki had appeared, leaning against the door way as she waited for the girl. Hopping down from the desk, she gave a passing nod to him and continued out the class with her friend.

"How do you like the new kid?" Maki asked as they walked the quiet halls. "He's...weird. But, funny" Y/N answered, glancing at her friend. "That's odd for you to say that about somebody you barely know. Don't worry, you'll talk to him in no time" The Zen'in girl encouraged as the pair fell into a comfortable silence.

A few days had passed and Yuta was feeling more and more confident about making friends with Y/N. And for the first time since he got here, he finally heard her voice! It was quiet but he heard it, she greeted him with a hello in the class and took her seat in the back of the class. The teen thought Y/N sounded kind and polite. Her voice was almost like velvet and smooth-his thoughts about it left him all over the place. But it begged the question: for a girl who sounded so polite and kind, why did her face hold so much pain and agony?

"Geez, with a face like that anybody will be able to tell what you're thinking" a sudden voice appeared behind him, causing him to jump a little ways. "Gojo!" Yuta yelled, before he calmed his heart and asked the question. "Was it that obvious?" Gojo nodded his head. "Can't you just tell me?! Or anybody? I feel like I'm the only one who is left out on the secret" Yuta exclaimed, sitting on a desk as he stared at the man in front of him. Meanwhile, Satoru thought about it for a moment, if he actually told his new student about what happened, it was a possibility it could help progress the two them.

"Hmm, let's just say that you two are in a similar situation with ending up here" Gojo gave a vague answer, making the teen groan once more. "Now I'm even more curious! Just tell me!" Yuta pleaded, causing his teacher to chuckle a little. "We'll, while you two are in a similar situation, the before, during, and after are very different" Gojo started, leaving Yuta to lean forward on the desk.