𝖤𝖨𝖦𝖧𝖳 - 𝖫𝖮𝖭𝖫𝖨𝖭𝖤𝖲𝖲

𝘓𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 ( 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘯 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 )

Levi followed the sound of the Titans and the trail of red grass.
Passing by each of his comrades, his heart hardening at the sight, he refused to let himself fall apart.

He had counted each of them, all four, but the L/N team was out of sight.
"Dammit," he cursed quietly. He can't have lost her. Y/N was important. She was one-half of the mission. How could he lose her?
Hearing the shouting of a woman in the distance, Levi got back into the air, hoping it was the person he was looking for.

Upon finding her, it was not Y/N. He took Mikasa in his arms, holding her anger back.
"Stay back for now," he told her, making her even more desperate to get away. The female had beaten Eren very quickly, biting him out of his nape.
Together, they followed the female titan, who Levi was sure had killed Eren, but Mikasa refused such an idea.
"Don't attack her. Just get Eren and go."
Levi instead did the attacking, trying to grant her a chance to find Eren. The female couldn't heal fast enough, for Levi's attacks were too much for her to handle.
Mikasa did not listen to him, eager to kill whoever had stolen Eren.
Levi noticed this, stepped in her place before she got hurt. His ankle snapped from the pressure of his landing.

Successfully opening her jaw, however, they reclaimed Eren who was surely alive.
"Let's go! We've got Eren."
They didn't have Y/N, but Levi knew he couldn't stick around to search for her. The female titan obviously didn't have her, so the odds were that she escaped, most likely just with another squad.

They met up with the rest of the regiment, who were busy feeding horses and counting up the dead.
Erwin and Levi walked beside each other, both dealing with the heavyweight of those numbers.
"Where's Miss L/N? She should make the return more simple."
Levi shrugged, "Unsure. There's no way she's dead. Probably just on the other side of the formation."
"And Emerson?"
"Also unsure. Most likely with her."
Erwin nodded, uncomfortable with the uncertainty of Y/N's position.