𝖲𝖨𝖷 - 𝖥𝖤𝖠𝖱

𝙁𝙚𝙖𝙧 ( 𝙗𝙤𝙧𝙣 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙞𝙖 )

Petra stood beside Nathan, watching Y/N running around outside.
"What...what is she doing?"
Eld and Gunther were sitting and laughing at her, not attempting to help.

Y/N was holding a small cage, trying to catch small animals in it to no avail.
"She wants to test something on an animal, but we've always just bought
"How long has she been at it?"
Nathan shrugged, "Probably about two hours."
Petra felt bad for the poor woman, stepping down to assist her.
"Don't get yourself hurt," Nathan said, joining the men on the steps.

Petra stood above the dejected scientist who hugged her cage like it was a present.
"What are you trying to catch?"
"Anything...I haven't had much luck."
Petra squatted down to her, pointing to a set of bushes.
"There's a rat nest over there. Captain had told me to get rid of it, but," She whispered in Y/N's ear, "I'm terrified of those things. You can't tell anyone though."

Y/N nodded, standing up, "let's go get them then."
Petra grasped onto Y/N's shirt from behind while she held her cage open for entry. Approaching the bushes, the girls, both a little uneasy, tried to kill two birds with one stone.
However, Petra did not take into account that Y/N had never collected a wild animal, so when she got close enough, Y/N threw the cage into the bush, causing the rats as well as the two women to scream.

"Y/N! Why would you do that?!"
They screamed, tripping over themselves to escape the small creatures.
"I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"
As Petra and her slowly stood from the ground, they heard shrieking from the bush. Y/N peeled back the leaves to find a rat stuck in her cage, the door closed from the force upon it.
"Yay! I got one!"
Petra placed her head in the crevice of Y/N's neck, "you did? You're really lucky."
"Thanks so much!"
Y/N squeezed Petra's waist, "you're so nice!"

Petra covered her red face, muffling into her hands, "just don't let Captain find that thing! He'll kill us both!"

Y/N took the rat to her room, keeping it underneath a small blanket so it wouldn't make much noise.
She knew Levi would toss it if found, so she opted to finish her experiment on it done before he inspected her room once more.
"What's the plan?"
She jumped at Nathan's voice.
"Oh, I wanted to see something about its blood, but I'll probably need vials for that."
He pointed behind him, "Hange left some of your stuff in the supplies building."
"Really? Let's go then."