𝖳𝖤𝖭 - 𝖢𝖫𝖴𝖳𝖢𝖧𝖤𝖲

𝘾𝙡𝙪𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 ( 𝙤𝙛 𝙖 𝙗𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 )

"Hey."
Levi placed his hand on Y/N's back while she slept on her desk.
Her long day had definitely tuckered her out.
"Y/N, wake up."

He took a peek at her notebook which was only full of minuscule doodles and an angry note written to herself about getting back on task.
What caught his eye the most was the pen lying within the page crevice. It was black, with a shimmering silver lining. The words etched across it were her last name, but the letters were slightly difficult to read.
Levi picked it up within his thin fingers, running his thumb over the engraving.

With interest, he grabbed the cap before Y/N began to stir.
"Momma?"
His eyes widened, interest in the pen forgotten. Setting it down, he squatted to her level, watching her lips mumble.
"Momma?"
She didn't look serene. Her forehead was creased, her nose twitched and her hands were trembling. Whatever she was dreaming about wasn't pleasant.

Levi reached for her arm.
"Y/N, you need to wake up."
Tugging on her did no good, only making her more agitated.
"Y/N, wake up," Levi rose his voice without realizing it.
Not wanting to, he moved her hair away, staring at the bare skin of her neck. Trying to hold himself back, he slapped her, making her quickly jolt up.

"What?!"
With bright, open eyes, she found Levi with a concerned face and a raised hand.
"Did you need something?" She rubbed her neck.
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah? You don't hit nearly as bad as Hange."
"No—you were—never mind. Erwin is coming soon, so I need you in the dining room."
Standing with a yawn, Y/N was always keen to notice her stuff being moved.
"Captain Levi?"

Already through the doorframe, he turned his head, "Huh?"
"You—it's um, probably best you don't touch my stuff. Could be little dangerous."
"Yeah, whatever."
Joining Eren in the dining room, Levi made himself some tea as Y/N noticed Eren's nervous hands.
He wouldn't meet her eyes nor greet her, which was suspicious all in its own.