𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸 𝖳𝖧𝖱𝖤𝖤 - 𝖣𝖤𝖠𝖳𝖧

( 𝘼 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙡 𝙤𝙛  ) 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝

"Are you excited? You haven't stopped smiling since breakfast."
Y/N looked at Jamie's reflection in the mirror, his grin wide and unfaltering.
"Stuff like this has never happened! You can practically smell the exotic foods from here!"
She nimbly and carefully braided his textured hair, doing the sides so that his curls would stand out.
"At least someone's happy."

Jamie sighed, "I'll make sure to keep people off you tonight. I'm sure there shouldn't be exceptions if I use your pregnancy as an excuse."
She shrugged, "maybe."
Y/N was hardly paying attention, focused too much on his hair.
"By the way, what did Mr. Tybur talk to you about? You stormed away and I had to make up a lie about your absence."
"He...he said the same thing everyone else does."
"Are you sure?"
"I'm sure."

Jamie stood once she was finished, admiring his formal look.
"Now you," he beamed, grabbing a couple of ribbons to get started. A knock sounded.
"Y/N, Jamie?" Klein poked his head inside, making them both pause.
"Yes?"
"Are you two almost ready?"
"Feeling energized."
He nodded, watching Jamie's hands fall away from her hair.
"Jamie," he saluted to Klein upon being called on, "tonight is a big night with numerous people. We can't be sure of what spies will be sitting amongst us."
"Right."

Klein held out an item wrapped in a cloth, but the outline gave away the surprise.
"It's standard issue. Plenty of rounds in case something were to go wrong."
"Sir," Y/N grabbed Jamie's wrist as he held the heavy gun, "he's only fifteen. And he's not trained!"
"Just preparing for the worst," he assured, "I'll have plenty of people watching you from the skies if Jamie isn't enough."

Klein patted Jamie's back.
"I trust your judgment, son. For Y/N and the motherland."
"Yes, sir!"
Jamie fell into the chair once Klein left the room.
"I hid under the bed when I saw a spider, Y/N. I can't shoot someone."
"Then don't," she tugged the weapon away, clambering it onto the table, "you don't want that on your conscious."
"But—he's right. You're valuable to other nations. They're afraid as well."