chapter eight

jada's pov

"pssstt... jada.." i hear from outside of my window, accompanied by knocking on the glass.

i pull back the curtains to see, low and behold, the devil herself.

"billie! what the fuck?!" i say with a sigh as i open up the window and help her inside of my room. how the fuck?? my main concern is her physical health because i know that she's using crutches and that she's really sore and in pain.

"how did you even get up here..?" i question as i look at the two story drop from outside my window.

"sh sh sh..." she shushes me before wincing in pain slightly as she sits down on my bed.

"uhm okay... where's your crutches?" i ask.

"oh they're in my backseat." she answers in a 'duh' tone.

"aren't you in pain?" i point out with a small chuckle.

"yeah, a lot. but i took some pill and that helped a lot." billie replied nonchalantly.

"but what're you doing here?! i thought you like, hated me." i say with an awkward chuckle.

"same here." she replies with a sigh.

hold up... how could billie think that i hate her..? was i annoyed with her at first? fuck yeah. she literally tried to get me into her drug ring. but 1, she is hot as fuck so i cant really just let her go, and 2, she's shown me that she has a tiny, little soft spot, and now i wanna do everything in my power to open that soft spot back up.

"so..?"

"oh, right." she says as she sits up straight. "i wanna talk." she talks as she holds eye contact with me.

"go ahead.." i encourage.

"i just really wanted to apologize. you actually cared about my health, and i was an asshole. i don't really know why i was acting like that, but i'm sorry. i would say that i'm not usually like that, but i'm always like that." she says honestly with a shrug. "i don't mean to be like that, but that's just kinda how i've been raised i guess."

"i get it." i say empathetically, but i still feel hurt by her not only rejecting me at the party, but then ignoring me and being a bitch to me. i feel like i'm getting played.

"but me being an asshole isn't your fault, and you don't deserve to get shit for it. so, sorry about that. i guess i should've like.. cared more or whatever." she says, diverting her gaze to her hands.

the last part of her apology is a little rocky, but i can tell that it's because apologizing must make her feel weak or some type of way and not because she doesn't mean what she's saying.

after a few minutes, billie sprung up off my bed. "cmon, let's go." billie demanded as she grabbed my hand and boosted me off of the bed.

"huh?" i chuckled. "where're we goin?" i ask hesitantly as we continued walking until we reached my driveway and i saw billie's car parked in it.

"just get in, don't worry about it." she shrugged while hopping into the driver's seat, eventually i got into the passenger seat and buckled in.

within another five minutes, billie pulls into a dimly lit parking lot infront of a completely customer-less waffle house.

"hopefully you like waffle house." billie says with a chuckle as we start walking up to the doors. "and if you don't, we're gonna have some serious problems." she adds in a more serious tone, but i can tell that she's joking.. for the most part.