chapter eighteen

billie's pov

"i'm alright love," i chuckle but wince at the pain.

"yeah you definitely sound it." jada huffs before sitting down in the chair in the hospital room. god she's so stubborn.

"if i wasn't okay the doctors would know, trust me." i reassure her.

"mhm."

"what, you mad now or something?" i ask her.

"no! i just hate how you don't take stuff like this seriously. first you overdosed and that wasn't enough to stop you from doing dumb shit. now you've been shot three times and by the grace of god survived without major damage. now what? now are you gonna stop fucking around?" she asks while shaking her head.

"i do take this stuff seriously! you don't understand because you've had everything you ever wanted handed to you on a silver platter. i never had that, i still don't have that! i have to do this dumb shit everyday just to pay my bills." i roll my eyes.

"not everything's about money." she mutters out.

"i've told you before billie that you can come and live with me and my parents, they'll give you a good job." she tells me again for the 100th fucking time.

"i don't want to do that. i have a job." i emphasize.

"yeah, a job that'll get you killed." she laughs bitterly.

"just shut up oh my god," i run my hands over my face. she stresses me tf out.

"you're talking to me like that?"

"who the fuck else would i be talking to?" i snap.

"god billie. i do so much for you, i'm always there for you, i support every good thing that you do, i encourage you to be better every single day, i give you chance after chance and i give you every second of my time and you're still a dick! what else do you want from me?!" she throws her hands up.

"i want you to stop treating me like i'm five! i know what im doing. im an adult. with my own life. i don't know if you have like issues or something but i don't need you to try to live my life for me." i tell her once and for all.

"trust me i am not the one with issues." she scoffs.

"yeah well it isn't me." i cross my arms.

"oh yeah? okay. i guess everything's my fault
then." she rolls her eyes.

"it is!" i shout.

"grow the fuck up billie. god, you're acting like a fucking little kid." she shouts back at me before grabbing her bag and leaving the hospital room. whatever. i don't care.

well.. maybe a small part of me cares. okay. maybe a big part of me cares.

i just can't understand why whenever i like someone i just cannot stop fighting with them. i really like jada, yet i get so annoyed with her over the dumbest shit! i don't even know how to stop it but i have to figure it out before i end up losing her for good.

"ms o'connell?" i hear from outside of the hospital room door accompanied by a knock.

"yes..?" i say hesitantly before the door opens and in walks some cop. shit. immediately i straighten myself up in the bed and clear my throat.