chapter twenty eight

jada's pov

"baby i think you're doing it too hard and fast," i warn billie with a chuckle.

"that's what she said." billie jokes with a smirk, earning an eye roll from me.

"fuckkkk!!" she groans as the knife slips and she accidentally stabs her pumpkin in the wrong place.

"that's what happens when you don't pay attention." i laugh, patting her shoulder emphatically.

"shut the hell up." she rolls her eyes while now carefully cutting her pumpkin.

"ooh billie said a bad worddd!!!" kace shouts in my face.

"yeah, i heard. now sit down and carve your pumpkin." i tell kace while pushing him out of my face.

it was supposed to be just billie and i together this halloween.. we were gonna go to halloween horror nights and do some other festive things but my parents said they needed to work last minute and no one was able to watch kace so here i am, babysitting him at billie's apartment.

well, it was more of my mom's idea for me to bring kace. my dad was gonna call out to stay with him because he's made it know that he doesn't want me or kace around billie, but my mom convinced him to not do that so now we're stuck babysitting my brother. yay.

"billie?" kace says, looking over at billie.

"yeah?"

"my dad said that you're gonna hurt jada.. are you?" he asks. i just can't help but to facepalm.

"no," billie laughs awkwardly. "i'm not." she tells kace before looking over at me confused.

i mouth a sorry before going back to carving my pumpkin and enough billie and kace do the same.

"yours is so cool." billie says while she looks at kace's. i mean, it's really just a basic ass jack o lantern face but it's cute that she's tryna boost his confidence. they get along so well and i love it, even though kace is the most annoying brother i think ever.

"yours is nice too jada." she smiles at me.

"thank bil." i smile back, kissing her for a second which earns a very loud groan from kace so we stop kissing.

"i'm tired." kace yawns.

"you don't wanna go trick or treating?" i ask in confusion.

"no." he answers shortly.

"oh.. okay." i shrug.

"you want me to take you to mark's house then? maybe you'll wanna go once you get there and if not you can atleast have a sleepover." i ask him.

"mhm." he nods.

"okay go get your bag." i tell him while we all start standing up from off the ground.

mark is kace's best friend and he's the only person who kace will have a sleepover so i figure i'll just take him there so billie and i can still have a little bit of our own halloween.