8. Short Bob

After changing into a fresh pair of shorts and an oversized t-shirt, you threw your body over the bed. You held the pillow over your face to block of the sound of your heavy groan. You weren't sad anymore, you were angry. You were angry on yourself for expecting so much, for trusting a friend blindly, for being so fragile to let a stranger comfort you.
You searched for your mobile to call Benny but eventually decided against it. You didn't have the energy to go through the tormenting day all over again even if verbally.
You rather retreated to your trusted place, the place that always comforted you, Suga's rap.

*People*

With his raspy voice, he calmed you. Soon enough your exhausted body gave in and you were deep asleep.

When you woke up, it was pitch black outside. You reached for your phone which was right next to your pillow. You held it tight in your grip but couldn't make yourself unlock it. You didn't want to see unanswered chat or calls. Your head fall back a little, you were sitting on the bed and staring at the ceiling as your mind kept replaying every bad memory of yesterday in your head again and again.
You wanted to cry, or may be scream out loud but you didn't even have that energy. Amid all of the bad, a little good slowly started lingering at the back of your mind.

That guy.

It never crossed your mind that how coincidental it was to meet him on two consecutive days in almost the opposite ends of the city. But the greater thing was how he understood everything without you sharing any words with him. Or may be, he was just returning the favor of picking up the tangerines for him. That doesn't bring down the fact that how well he understood human emotions.

He wasn't trying to impress you or being a flirt but was just making you feel comfortable. Then you linked down how he let you get hold of the awkward situation at the store. Just by thinking of the humbleness you have witness from him makes your heart a bit warm. You wished if you could have actually thanked him last time, you might never get the change again or may be you will ?

Huhh... You sighed.
" Only if life was so predictable " , saying that your back falls on the bed again and the warmth of your heart helped you get a peaceful sleep.

**************

You were so glad that you had a weekend to yourself to get things straighten up in your head and even your life. You have stopped calling or texting Yoong-joon. The next thing you did was get a haircut. There was this strange psychology that you deeply believed in, " New hair, New me". To be logical, it was more off like shoving off the things that have been worrying you along with some lock of hair. It was something like, women tend to cut their hair as they see it is the one thing they can take immediate control of; often a struggle to adjust their feelings and move on right away. In your case, it was a short bob from your earlier waist long locks. You felt better.

For the rest of the weekend you stayed glued to your laptop screen, switching between Run BTS episodes to funny compilation videos of those seven crackheads and gulping cups of Instant Ramen.

You felt like you were being healed in this process. But slowly over the passing time, your void of sorrow and pain that you were feeling because of Yong-joon kept filling with anger. You were mad at him but more with yourself for being so dependent. It wasn't that you hated him but all you know is that you have to take it easy and not invest so much of trust, so quickly.