12. Letter

The notepad had been flipped open on your desk about an hour ago, you were furiously nibbling the back of the pen. You already started believing that it was a terrible idea and wanted to give up but you can't make yourself drop the idea completely.

You decided to write a thank you letter to him while you gulped the chicken and duck meat salad last night. You could still taste the deliciousness on your tastebuds. The least you can do, is be thankful and write him this letter. You pushed yourself a little harder and finally started rubbing the pen.

Dear.....

The very moment it strike you that you didn't even know his name or his face or any other information. You were slightly embarrassed at yourself for being so much emotionally dependent on someone who was so anonymous. But this anonymity made this feel more beautiful, more special.

You started writing again and this time with absolute confidence about what you were going to put into words.

________________________________

Hey.

I would have started this letter by thanking you for everything that you did for me yesterday but I have started to realize that you are not a big fan of appreciation for your kindness. So I would rather like to say that I loved each and everything that was inside the box and even the box itself. I am sure I would never be able to discard it; it is so beautiful , so special.

While writing this letter I realized that I have never got an opportunity to ask your name or see your face. I understand that even though these two are very convectional requirements to know someone but certainly not the ultimate for understanding them. I would be happy to know your name or how you look like but if your aren't comfortable sharing them then it's absolutely okay.

Even though this anonymity is quite thrilling but it's just the weird feeling that I might bump into you on streets and yet walk pass you without even saying a "Hi", feels little stupid.

And at last I'll like to tell you why I decided to write a letter rather than sending a text message. After all that you have done for me yesterday (and on other days as well), I could at least do something unconventional if not special.

Keep smiling.

- Y/N

____________________
______________________________

You reached the store 30 minutes early. Yuri was delighted to see you and gave you a warm hug. She gave you your badge and started getting ready to leave. You waved her a good bye and waited eagerly for him to arrive.
Within a minute your wait was over. Today he was wearing a blue skinny jeans and a black pullover, as usual, face covered with a mask.

A huge smile splattered over your face as soon as you saw him. He almost rushed till the counter and placed his palm over your forehead. With his soft touch a sudden flow of current went down your body. It was so sudden and unexpected that you almost forgot to breath at that moment.

" Okay. You no more have fever, that's a relief "

You blinked rapidly and your senses failing miserably as responding to the situation. A little tickling in your tummy was growing into more intense. You kept gazing at his dark, black, doe eyes for a long time. And after gulping and pressing your tongue forcefully on the upper jaw, you finally made yourself speak, his hand still placed softly over your forehead.

" Ah.. I.. I didn't have fever. It was something else." you stammered like you have never learnt to speak properly.

" Then ?"

That question busted a cloud of horrific memories in your head. How can you even explain what was that you felt when you got to know the truth of Yong-joon ? You started getting nervous and your legs were feeling heavy.

Guessing the uncomfortable state you were thrown into by his question, he quickly moved his hand from your forehead and put it over the counter top and said,

" It's okay. Let it be. All I wanted to know is that you are doing fine"

A soft windy sense of relief passed over you and you smiled like a child. His way of making you feel comfortable was so extraordinary. He never wanted to know the reason, he just made sure that you dealt with it well.

" I am doing great. The white box gets all the credit."
you blushed while saying it.

" I am glad to hear that."
He said and took a step backward to start walking towards the fresh fruits section.

"Hey ! "
you interrupted him as you pulled out the paperbag from the side of the counter, which had all the best tangerines that you have saved for him as soon as you arrived for work.

His eyes told you that he was pretty much surprised. He came closer and took the bag from your hand, his fingertips slightly brushed your hand in this process. It felt like that soft touch had heated up your body. The tickling inside your tummy was back.

He took out the change to pay for them and handed it over to you and said,

" You don't want me to stay any longer, isn't it?"
He was very much aware that it wasn't the case and it was pretty much evident in his joking tone he had to his question.

"Quite the opposite. I want you stay at the counter a little longer."
you said and the satisfaction in his eyes told you that those were the exact words he was looking for.

You flipped out the little letter from your pocket, kept it over the counter and with a fingers, lowly slide it towards him. He was stuck in awe. This time you got him off guards. For the first time you made his baffle a bit. He wasn't expecting it and you were the giver for the first time.

He took the letter in his hand and kept it in between his palms as if he was holding something so fragile, so precious. He was about to open it when you had to stop him.

" Read it alone. I mean, at least not in front of me. I feel... you know... a bit..."
you didn't had to complete the sentence. He nod his head and you knew he understood what you wanted to say. He slipped it inside his jeans' pocket very careful to not get any folds on its edges.

There was a moment of silence as you both stood there looking deep into each other's eyes. But it was soon interrupted by a customer who had a cart full of things to be billed.

He went up till the door and turned to look at you once more. You waved him a good bye which he returned.

You smiled and said,

" See you soon"