14. 3 AM

7 Messages, 4 Missed calls.
Unknown Number.

Unknown Number (15:51) : I might not get a chance to see your smile today.

Unknown Number (16:00) : Not me, but can my text compensate ?

Missed Call (16:01)

Unknown Number (16:07) : So who was your first customer today ?

Unknown Number (16:59) : Seems like you are having a busy day today.

Unknown Number (18:44) : Text me when you are done with your shift ?

Unknown Number (21:29) : Done ?

Missed Call (21:30)

Unknown Number (21:51) : I miss you.

Missed Call (21:53)
Missed Call (21:55)

You were not expecting any of it. And he was missing me ? Why you have to forget your phone on this particular day only !
You slapped your forehead multiple times, cussed yourself for a while and after you had finally calmed down, you started typing a reply but your phone started ringing.

Incoming Call
Unknown Number

You were not ready for it and juggled your mobile like it was something burning hot in your hands.
You clutched it hard with both of your hands, took a deep breathe and received the call.

" H..hey..."
You managed to spill that out after a lot of efforts.

" Where were you ? Are you okay ? Why didn't you reply for so long ? And you didn't even received the calls and then your phone just got switched off.."
you could hear him breathing heavily, almost panting. You needed to cut him short and speak.

" Hey... Hey... Relax... I'm fine... I just forgot to take my phone along with me and by the time I reached home my phone battery was dead so I couldn't receive your call."
you explained in a very gentle and affectionate way.

" Ohh.. okay... Then it's fine... Can you hold on a minute "
It felt like he stopped running and covered the speaker of his mobile with his hand but still you could hear a faint voice as he was speaking to someone else,

" No.. we don't need to ... Yes... Please park the car back in the garage... Thank you..."

Meanwhile your jaw almost dropped on the floor. What ! Was he going to search for you or something ? What was on his mind !

He cleared his throat and continued talking to you,

" I am so sorry if I bothered you. I just got a bit worried. "

A bit ? Huh... You know it scared the shit out of him.

" No. It's okay. I understand. "
You grinned while saying it. Who doesn't enjoy getting such attention ?

" I am glad to hear that."
He sounded calmer this time.

" But shouldn't it be me who gets to ask this to you ? What happened ? Weren't craving for Tangerines anymore ?"
You frowned as you had a hint of sarcasm in your tone.