XVI

CHAPTER SIXTEEN"Release Me"

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
"Release Me"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

"you've got to be joking me," eric said softly, standing next to isabel on top of a hill that overlooked the fellowship. "this is the fellowship of the sun?"

he sounded unamused, unimpressed, "and that's their... army? scared little boys with bibles and crossbows?" he said, holding back a small laugh.

"don't underestimate them, support for their movement is growing." isabel said, glancing at eric, "their leadership camps are overflowing with self-righteous extremists, all willing and ready to die for their cause."

he hummed, "that can be arranged quite easily—" he was cut off by isabel, "not until we know for sure the fellowship has godric."

"what about your boy?" he asked, never taking his eyes off the fellowship, "hugo... and sookie?"

"they've been in there too long," he continued, but isabel huffed. "there's no sign of alarm," isabel said, shrugging lightly. "and, if hugo were in serious danger i would know it. i felt something earlier, but it passed. he's okay now."

"tell me, what is it that you find so fulfilling about human companionship?" he asked, wanting to know her opinion on the whole thing since he wasn't so sure about his feelings. sure, he was happy when he was with amelia. he enjoyed her company, and he's always enjoyed sex, but he wasn't sure if he was on the brink of love, or deception.

isabel paused, thinking of an answer that would make sense to him. "they feel much more strongly than we do. everything is urgent, exciting. maybe because their lives are so temporary." she said, smiling slightly.

"yes, they certainly don't keep well." he said, making her chuckle lightly. "don't you find the prospect of him growing old, sickly, crippled, somewhat uh... repulsive?" he asked, making her smile, "no. i find it curious. like a science project. how does bill compton feel about your interest in sookie?" she asked, making him smirk, "oh, i'm not interested in sookie. it's her sister, amelia. but, i'm even less interested in how bill compton feels. my only interest right now is finding godric."

she looked at him, "of course."

"don't look at me like that."

she turned her head away as he began speaking again, "do you really believe these fools could overpower a vampire such as godric? and hold him for weeks?" he asked, growing angry.

"stan is sure of it," isabel said, shrugging lightly. "but, i have known godric a long time, it's hard to imagine anything could overpower him."

eric stayed silent, his mind racing. "not anything human."

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

"maybe the little rats have run off, join the fellowship themselves," stan said, talking with isabel behind amelia and eric. "careful, hugo is mine," isabel said defensively as stan scoffed, "oh, please. if you cared about him so much, we'd have been in that church hours ago."

"with no plan, no exit strategy? that's why you'll never be sheriff, stan, you don't think."

"and you're too chicken shit to act. that's why we've been gettin' godric's coffee for the last forty years.... and you," he said, turning to eric.

"fellowship has your maker," he then turned to amelia, "and your telepathic sissy and still... you both do nothin'."

eric felt the annoyance in amelia and himself, suddenly turning around at vamp speed and holding stan up against the wall, "are you questioning our loyalty, stan?"

stan breathed out nervously, "just tryin' to return godric to his rightful position."

"oh really?" he asked, "cause i think maybe you have another agenda." he let go of stan's shirt with a push, "maybe you think starting a war with the fellowship will distract us from the truth—that you're so starved for power you murdered godric for his title."

"that is a lie," stan growled, "how dare you accuse me?"

"eric," amelia said, standing next to them and putting a hand on his chest, "we don't know this, there's no proof."

"not yet, but i will find it. and when i do, there will be no mercy." he stepped back from stan, holding amelia's hand in his from his chest, "in the meantime, you two can stand here and quibble over his position, or run into that church and kill them all i no longer care." he said, turning around to face the door of his room. "if godric is gone, nothing will bring back what i have lost."

he then unlocked the door, pulling amelia inside with him.

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

amelia!

amelia's head shot up from its position, eric's turning toward her as she furrowed her brows and heard her sister's voice in her head. muffled, strained, as if she were speaking through a. tin can, but it was there.

sookie? are you okay?

no! i'm in the basement of the fellowship of the sun church. godric's here, and i'm in trouble! please, help me!

eric's hand rested on amelia's thigh, "what is it?" her head snapped in his direction, "sookie's in the basement of the church, godric's there, and she's in trouble. she needs our help."

his face turned to stone determination as his chest felt tight with anxiety, but also relief. at least he knew where godric was, but if sookie was in trouble, he couldn't even imagine what was happening to his maker.

before he could speak, amelia's phone dinged with a text message.

jason
HELP ME!! IM AT THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE SUN CHURCH IN DALLAS TX!!! SARAH AND STEVE NEWLIN ARE FUCKING CRAZY!!!

"c'mon." he picked amelia up bridal style and vamp sped out of their room, making his way to the fellowship.

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

AUTHOR'S NOTE

gif by @/iomapacks on tumblr! ❤️