XXIV

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR"Beyond Here Lies Nothin"

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
"Beyond Here Lies Nothin"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

amelia rolled her eyes as lafayette pushed sookie down the steps, draped in a white gown, as was amelia. she was the only one besides sookie and maryann without black eyes, but as she knew, maenads are not the smartest. maryann believed wholeheartedly she had amelia under her thumb.

in the short time amelia was at her house, she saw tara with black eyes again, all the work her and eric did erased. lafayette was possessed, too, and it hurt amelia to see them like this, but she kept her composure. lafayette also admitted to drinking eric's blood as he was under this spell, but that was pushed to the back of her mind for later.

"here she is, just like you wanted," lafayette said, making maryann turn around and lift her veil, gasping. "just in time!"

"what the hell are you doing in my grandmother's wedding dress?" sookie asked, making amelia smile as she fixed maryann's earrings and veil. she played the part of a possessed woman very well.

"welcome sookie. you're going to be one of my bridesmaids, with your darling sister as my maid of honor!" she said excitedly as lafayette clapped quietly. sookie locked eyes with amelia, shaking her head in disgust as her sister smiled back at her, the same smile she gave bill before she broke his neck.

eggs came up behind sookie and grabbed her as she tried to lunge at amelia, ready to drag her younger sister out of there. "eggs, let me go!" he stayed emotionless, "don't fight it. just let it take you." sookie scoffed, "i've spent enough time being taken recently."

amelia rolled her eyes again and looked at sookie, stopping what she was doing to fix maryann's hair, "shush, you haven't been taken, you're just borrowed."

"you go along with old, new, and blue, over here," maryann said, referring to jane, tara, and arlene. the redhead perked up, "which one am i?"

"you have no right to wear that dress," sookie said, seething with anger and confusion. "i know i should've asked, but i couldn't find you. i found millie, though. you probably would've never used it anyway."

"oh, go to hell!" sookie shouted, looking at amelia and maryann. "sookie, please, don't be so negative. it is her day," amelia said, making sookie even angrier.

"and she's in my house, and those are our friends... plus jane bodehouse." sookie said, making jane look at her, "oh, i always liked you sookie, you give me extra pickles!"