VIII

CHAPTER EIGHT"To Love is To Bury"

CHAPTER EIGHT
"To Love is To Bury"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

sam took amelia back to her house and let her go upstairs to get changed, and as she came back downstairs sam had just gotten off the phone. "hey, you okay?" he asked, and amelia sat down the blankets and pillow she brought down for him. "yeah, i just had to put those clothes in the wash, i felt like he was still all over me." she said, still shaken up.

"you didn't get any sense of who it was?" he asked, and helped her unfold a bed cover so he would be more comfortable. "no," she shook her head, "just memories. they were red and black, and just awful. but there was something familiar," she said, and sam perked up slightly.

"someone from bon temps? or somebody from the bar?" he asked, and she shook her head again. "no one i could recognize for sure, but i did see she was in a uniform for pie house and her name was cindy."

sam sighed, "look, i think we should call the police." amelia scoffed, "and what would i say? "sherif dearborne, detective bellefleur, i saw a woman die and i just happened to be in somebody else's brain at the time"?"

sam nodded, he understood where she was coming from. being different himself, he wouldn't know how to explain her situation at all. "did you get a good look at her? i mean, what was she like?"

"young, pretty, um... with the uniform, like i said." sam nodded, and they both sat down on the couch once it was made for sam to sleep on. "i was lookin' at her eyes, she looked so surprised," she said, getting emotional but trying to stop herself quickly.

sam noticed this and put his hand on her shoulder, "hey, you don't have to hold back anything you're feelin'. anybody in your situation otta' feel somethin'." amelia nodded, looking out the window in the living room and taking a deep breath.

"i should call eric, right? ain't he supposed to be protection' you?" sam asked, and amelia immediately jumped slightly, "no! don't call him, please i don't need any more people knowin' 'bout this. we left arlene's party secretly for a reason, right?"

sam nodded and began playing with her hair, trying to calm her down a bit. she relaxed into his touch and tried to change the subject to a lighter topic. "did you get ahold of tara?" she asked, and sam scoffed while smiling lightly, "nope."

in that moment, amelia felt a certain attraction towards sam. he felt the same way towards her, the way she was so vulnerable and open to share her feelings with him made him happy she trusted him, happy she could confide in him and relate to him in any way. he considered kissing her, but before he could make a move she smiled, "well, good night."