XX

CHAPTER TWENTY"Bad Blood"

CHAPTER TWENTY
"Bad Blood"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

as eric walked into merlotte's, it was just another shit storm. he saw sookie's friend sitting at the bar, crying, along with lafayette comforting her.

"oh, shit," lafayette mumbled, looking at eric. "to what do we owe the pleasure, ken doll?" he said, pouring tara another glass. eric smiled shortly, "wheres emmie?"

lafayette looked at tara, her nodding her head, telling lafayette to take him to her. lafayette waved his hand toward the back hallway, standing up and leading eric to sam's office where amelia was taking care of the things sam usually did at the end of the night.

"she's in here," lafayette smiled, patting eric on the shoulder as he smiled. when lafayette turned the corner, eric knocked lightly on the door before hearing amelia's small "come in."

when he opened the door, he saw her looking through receipts and glancing back to the computer every once in a while. she turned to see him, smiling, "hey," she said, setting down the receipts and moving to face toward him.

he smiled and shut the door, picking up a spare chair in the room and setting it next to her. "i have something for you," he said, making her tilt her head, "you don't gotta get me nothin'," she said.

eric smirked lightly, "this'll help you, miss stackhouse," he pulled a box out of his suit pocket, opening it toward her. she smiled, he felt the sense of happiness and love in her heart.

it was a necklace with elegant black string, and in the middle was a red pendant with silver detail around it.

he smiled at her reaction, she was quite literally speechless. "it's not a ruby, if that's what you're thinking," he said, loosening the necklace so he could slip it over her head, tightening it slightly so it rested upon her neck comfortably.

"it's custom made, from france, to imitate a ruby. it's filled with my blood, if you ever need healing, you'll have me with you. other creatures will be able to smell me on you, especially other vampires, and everyone will know you're mine." he said, making her smile, she didn't know what to say. he knew she could protect herself, but there were vampires out there stronger than her, and that terrified him.

amelia looked in the reflection of the now turned off computer, it sat perfectly around her neck, the feeling of having him with her no matter where she was made her feel even more protected than she did before, more protected than bill ever could.