I

CHAPTER ONE"Escape From Dragon House"

CHAPTER ONE
"Escape From Dragon House"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

the car ride to fangtasia was more than awkward. sookie and bill began a conversation as if amelia wasn't even there, and she wasn't going to bother paying attention until bill turned to her sister and said, "you look like vampire bait."

amelia huffed out a small laugh, which made sookie turn and laugh as well. "what's that supposed to mean?" amelia smiled, it was true. her white sundress in comparison to amelia's black satin minidress screamed 'i'm sunshine in a five-foot-tall bottle, look at me!'

"it means that we're sure you'll be the brightest thing in there tonight, and every vampire is gonna wanna eat you up." amelia said, crossing her legs and fixing her dress. she wasn't sure what was appropriate for fangtasia, but bill said it was a nightclub, so amelia decided to go with something a bit revealing. a spaghetti-strapped dress with black heels and subtle gold jewelry wasn't too much, hopefully.

sookie stared off for a second, then glanced at the two of them. "so are you two sayin' i look nice?" she asked, smiling lightly. "i don't know about your sister," bill said, "but it doesn't matter what i think. this isn't a date, remember?"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

bill wrapped a protective arm around sookie from the second they stepped out of his car, but amelia was left trailing behind

bill wrapped a protective arm around sookie from the second they stepped out of his car, but amelia was left trailing behind. she didn't mind much, she could protect herself and she wasn't afraid of a couple of thirsty vampires. still, it didn't help that almost everyone standing outside sniffed and turned to look at her, but paid no attention to sookie.

she never understood why she smelt so different to vampires. maybe it was because she was a telepath, perhaps she was something more? if vampires and werewolves existed, who's to say something more didn't? she still had yet to learn about witches, demons,
and other supes that roamed bon temps.