XVIII

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN"I Will Rise Up"

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
"I Will Rise Up"

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

eric took amelia and jason out the back door of the house, telling them to stand behind him. they did so, and even though they didn't know what was happening, they knew it wasn't good.

in seconds there was an explosion coming from the house, blasting all the windows out. eric took the small blow for them, and after the flames went away, jason ran inside, sookie being the only thing on his mind.

bill and jason ran around the house, trying to find sookie. soon, jason found isabel on top of sookie. "i covered her, she's only stunned," she groaned, and amelia went to help her up and off of sookie. she had trailed in behind jason, worried about her sister. even though she was a bitch sometimes, she was still family.

"get the humans," isabel said, looking at eric and bill. the soldiers of the sun ran away when they saw eric and bill knew they were there, scared for their lives as they piled into a van. before they could all get away, eric pulled one out of the van from his seat.

"we didn't think he'd really do it!" the boy said frightfully, and eric snarled in anger, "too late."

inside, jason helped sookie, and amelia helped isabel. amelia began pulling two large pieces of silver out of isabel's chest and leg as quickly as she could while godric came next to them, looking at the damage reverend newlin had done to his home.

as isabel healed herself, godric looked down at the both of them, "stan, paolo, catherine, and two human companions are dead," he said, the both of them showing no sign of sadness. in their life, the only thing that truly mattered was their own survival and the survival of their blood.

eric soon came back in the house with bill, blood down his neck and chest. he sure had a field day with that boy, and still managed to keep him alive to show that "vampires had mercy when newlin showed none."

eric made sure godric and isabel were okay as amelia held his arm, making him lean down so his ear was level with her, "stan's dead," she whispered, making him smirk slightly and look down at her when he stood up straight.

"everyone, please, listen," isabel said after she and godric spoke for a brief minute. "they may come back," godric started, "go to the hotel carmilla, they've been alerted, security is in place."

⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

as it became dawn, eric fell asleep next to amelia almost immediately after they both took a shower. she made him comfortable in seconds, he felt like he could truly be himself around her. the sad part was, she couldn't sleep. it wasn't eric, and it wasn't what happened today, she just couldn't. so, she got up and made her way to jason's room.