CHAPTER 5

France took a turn around the corner. Rome following as closely as he could.

France could see the exit coming up close.

"We're almost there, Runt!" France turns around, but he isn't there. "Runt?" France looks around but he's nowhere to be seen. "Of course..." France sighed, rolling her eyes, her boots scraping against the floor.

France quietly looks around and tries to not be seen. Her outfit is darker and somewhat blends into the dark shadows of the building, but she still sticks out pretty easily.

Then, she hears Rome yelling. France runs after the sound. "The kid can't go five minutes without getting caught...Pourquoi ça doit toujours être moi" ( Why does it always have to be me)

France is finally able to find Rome, with Mali. Mali is an African member that is half-Vulture she goes after anything that is shiny. Rome's golden wings must have attracted her.

"Really?!" France yelled searching around frantically for something to attack with. Everything she had was stripped from her when she was caught. Including her walkie-talkie. That indefinitely meant she had no way to contact Britain or anyone in the outside world.

Glancing around France spotted something at least... Sharp? Sliding down across the floor she quickly swiped the spear from its original position on the wall.

"Well, now I know you're done for stupid bird " France smiled starting to aim at her target, quietly and gently. Just like Britain taught her...

"Make sure you aim and thrust it as hard as you can," Britain instructed he had his goofy smile on his face.

"I don't think I can..." France put the spear down.

Britain's smile faded and they were both quiet. France avoided his purple gaze.

"Hey..." He took both of her hands and this made France get slightly flustered. "I know you can do it! I know Nazi took you captive for a long time... But I know you can do it! Don't let your past hold you down!" France looks at him. His stupid... cute... smile returning.

"Thank you..." France smiles. "I'll... try it out..."

Britain hugged France, which she was not expecting. Her face was red but she slowly relaxed and kind of snuggled into his chest.