CHAPTER 15

Rome flailed slightly, a tear coming to his eye. He couldn't breathe enough to speak.

"Ah- Ahk- Haah..." He chokes out some small noises. It takes a few seconds, but the person behind him seems to notice the familiar dragonish look.

" Rome? " the voice asks quietly.

"B-Britain... L-... Let go..." Britain did so. Rome gasps and falls onto the floor. " I-I... W-Why d-did you hurt m-me...?" he coughs on the ground looking up at Britain in slight fear. The Brit doesn't respond, he just pulls Rome up and walks the state further away from the door.

Britain was gentle when picking him up and carrying him, but walked in a quick manner refusing to talk to him. The country looked almost like a soldier, his face was plastered in a mix of anger and fear. Rome fought back slightly, mildly upset at what he has been hiding from him. His trust in the group was slowly crumbling.

Suddenly, Rome has that same dread feeling... He felt almost... Angry... and alone, but not a fearful alone. He heard a mild...

Come... Help... Come... Help...

It echoed in his head over and over and over again. Rome felt like he was going crazy.

Rome felt Britain slowly come to a stop. He looks up. Britain had a shocked and concerned look. He heard it too. Rome stops flailing and stares at the country wearily. "Brit... What was that?"

Child... Dragon... Italy?

Britain clenches. Digging his semi-claws into Rome. He whimpers in pain and jumps out of Britain's grip. He stands up straight and looks at Britain while the voice keeps whispering, with what seemed to be random words.

Child...! Child...! Rome...

Britain places a hand over his ears but stares straight at Rome. The startled country takes a step back and runs into a wall. The older dragon felt trapped.

Kill... Him... Rome... Dead... The voice repeated, over and over and over.

Britain growls deeply. Rome hasn't heard Britain growl. He was much larger and scarier the more Rome watched.

Britain pants, like he's getting tired of fighting what or whoever is talking.

"B-Britain...?" Rome quakes in fear.

Britain looks at Rome while still growling and his pupils slowly go thin. They glowed a bright purple and Rome felt in danger.

Then, He takes a deep breath and leaves the hallway, leaving Rome behind. Rome looks around, still trying to comprehend what had just happened. Something bad was happening, he didn't know who or what was doing it but it was bad. He catches sight of the country and chases after him.

Rome follows until they get back into the main room. Some countries were chilling and doing as they pleased, others were playing a small game of cards. Britain walks to the front of the room, then falls on the floor clawing at his head. Everyone seemed to quickly notice and pause what they were doing to watch the dragons.

The younger hybrid following was still so confused and wanted answers.

Rome touches Britain's shoulder. "Brit-"

"Leave me alone! " The country yells, almost in pain. Then his looks went from slightly pained to pure anger. "You. Never. Leave me alone." He said coldly. The dragon gets up and slowly walks in Rome's direction. "You follow me around like some lost puppy! Do I look like I can handle a kid? I can't even handle myself! " He yells, looking half psychotic. "I can't... Control..." Britain seemed to fade.