CHAPTER 13

The stormy weather had stopped and Japan headed back since she will be needed in her group.

America waved good-bye. He needed to talk with someone. Even though his states were all gone, having someone to listen to your stories made everything better. The country looked up at the now darkening sky. The stars shine down brightly. Maybe it was a sign. He smiled for the first time in a while, grabbing the box and walking further into the forest.

America had been a rebel for a while now and it was pretty obvious that someone was following behind him. Japan had left, so it was either another Rebel or her coming back to scare him. But something was different. Japan was way too loud to be whoever this was.

He kept looking in front, not giving whoever it was any attention until the time was right. Whoever was following him, was hurt, America could tell, in the distance was sounds of struggle growled out. He wasn't sure what move they were going to pull. Glancing up he took notes of the sturdy branches, grabbing a small pocket knife from his pocket just in case.

Jumping he grabbed a branch pulling up into the leafy foliage, all traces of himself disappearing as he waited quietly for the culprit.

Not much could be seen too far, but it was a countryhuman due to the blue color on their skin, no- scales. America though, he knew exactly who this was.

Australia trudged on. He had just seen a country in front of him but they had disappeared. His chest and upper hand burned at the slightest touch. As much as he didn't want to, he needed help. Shock and/or infection were the other only options.

The forest was eerily quiet as he hobbled forward almost tripping on a random root that seemed to magicly sprout from the ground. He once again started forward keeping a listening ear out.

" Australia, I knew it was you. Been a little while huh? " A familiar voice talked from behind him. Australia froze. Him and America didn't have the best track record. Slowly the Aussie turned back, looking up at America's eye, the scar across it still visible from their last interaction. "Need somethin?"

Australia started to regret getting help, he hisses until he can find a way to get away.

"Easy, Velociraptor. I can tell you were specifically looking for me."

"...It's nothin." He stands up straight.

" Really? That burn looks like it hurts pretty badly " America pointed at his burn marks.

"Well, it doesn't. So leave me alone." Australia took a couple of steps back.

America rolls his grey-blue eyes. "You want some help, don't you?"

"...No..."

America scoffs quietly while folding his arms. "Well, if you need help, you better tell me now. Or I'm leaving and I'll make sure you don't find me."

Australia thinks. He does but he doesn't.

"Alright, I'm heading off." America turned around.

"Wait!" America looks back at Australia. "I... I need... Some help..."

" There you go! I knew you wanted my help " he smiles smugly.

"If you make this burn worse, I will tear you to shreds!" Aussie hisses.

" Alright, alright! " America put his hand in the air, walking closer.

" So first think first, spill " Ame took his hand. Australia grumbled. That was the most embarrassing part. A rebel that lived through the day like him beaten by a small defenceless dragon. That wasn't part of the plan.