CHAPTER 14

Drago Rome was in a corner shaking in fear. He was in a strange place.

Last he remembers, he was in his cage with humans laughing at him. Pulling, cutting, yelling, hurting, laughing all at him. The rest of his memory was faded. Sometimes he would be in a field hunting, sometimes there would be countries around him and he could only fight back out of instinct.

Rome hears the boards creak, one of them is getting too close (even though they were only fifteen feet away). He squeaks and runs to find a new place to hide. That place was under Egypt's bed.

Greece frowns. "Man, he's terrified." Egypt nods. Greece looks at her. "Don't you know how to tame feral cats?"

"Yes, but if you think I can tame dragons, you're wrong."

"Come on, it can't be that hard or that different." Greece says.

Egypt shook her head. " Its a lot more than you think. Especially when they have access to claws that could easily slash you " the black, red, and white country stood back.

" We are going to have to take this slow, and careful " she examined the situation.

"Got it! Let's get started." Greece says with energy.

"Good, let's wait outside for a while until he's calmed down. I don't need a feral dragon getting defensive. Or another scar at that."

Greece looks at her confused. "What? No, pets? No cuddling?"

"Nope. Let him decompose. A calm baby dragon we need. When agitated or in feral season they can go crazy at the smallest things. " She says very simply.

" Wow, you know a lot about hybrids " Greece playfully punched her shoulder.

" Before the war I loved to study all kinds of Hybrids. I was thinking of doing a study or making a book. But when everything happened it just fizzled away " she looked sad.

" Don't worry Egypt, I know that no matter what you do it will be amazing!"

"Thanks." She smiles.

 ➳➵➼

They had waited three hours. They open the door and look inside. "Rome? Buddy you in here."

Rome opens his eyes. He was taking a nap when the two had entered. He stays under Greece's blankets and watches in curiosity. Egypt huffs. " This room is a mess. And I don't mean my side of it " she looks at Greece.

Greece ignores her and looks around. "We need to look around. THEN, let's clean our room."

They both look until Greece lifts his blanket and Rome yips in surprise and goes deeper in the blanket.

"Ah!" Greece yelped. Egypt looks over. "Found him." Greece says.

Egypt goes closer. "Good, he's already in a blanket." She reaches around him. Rome makes panicked noises and his tail flicks back and forth but he doesn't seem to resist much. She gasps and smiles. "He's definitely calmed down."

She puts the blanket up to her chest. Rome had his head buried in the blanket as a way to protect himself. "Aww... So cute." Greece says. "Now what do we do with him?"

"We get him used to our voices and physical attention." She pets his head. Rome yips again and shakes his head so they would stop, but they didn't.

Greece starts to pet him. "Widdle baby dwagon in a bwankie." Greece coos. Rome growls. He hides best he can, but he couldn't move any deeper.

"Don't worry, Rome, we're not going to hurt you. Ever." Egypt softly said, giving him light strokes on his back.

Rome was fighting the urge to purr. He wasn't going to give them the satisfaction. He clenches his teeth and tries to stay hidden in the blanket.